Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXVK-NVAPI 0.6.4 Implements HDR Support Via DXVK

Phoronix: DXVK-NVAPI 0.6.4 Implements HDR Support Via DXVK

A new version of DXVK-NVAPI is now available, the NVIDIA public NVAPI interface implemented atop DXVK for use by Direct3D games running on Valve's Steam Play (Proton). DXVK-NVAPI allows for NVIDIA DLSS for Vulkan / D3D11 / D3D12, NVIDIA Reflex support, PhysX, and other NVIDIA features to be enabled for popular Windows games running on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I'm confused, can you actually use DLSS with a AMD card? Gamescope can already use HDR with AMD without any of this.. I fail to understand what this is about?

Comment

Originally posted by Kjell View Post
      I'm confused, can you actually use DLSS with a AMD card? Gamescope can already use HDR with AMD without any of this.. I fail to understand what this is about?
      > I'm confused, can you actually use DLSS with a AMD card?

No, of course not, nvapi does more than DLSS.

> Gamescope can already use HDR with AMD without any of this

Not in games that rely on vendor apis like nvapi or amd-ags to enable HDR, before it only worked in games that used the standard DXGI interface for HDR, which is newer than the vendor apis for HDR.

Comment

Had to delete some of my comments, too many weeds.

Comment

allows for NVIDIA DLSS for Vulkan / D3D11 / D3D12, NVIDIA Reflex support, PhysX, and other NVIDIA features
          You mean anti-consumer lock-in tech thats main purpose its to limit your choices to some ngreedia gpus?

No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post

You mean anti-consumer lock-in tech thats main purpose its to limit your choices to some ngreedia gpus?

No thanks.
            Shut up dude. They're doing a good thing here.

Comment

Originally posted by jorgepl View Post

Shut up dude. They're doing a good thing here.
              Dear Leader Jensen its happy with your public display of loyalty to anticonsumer practices.

Comment

Working...
              X