Proton 8.0-3 Released With More Windows Games Running On Linux, Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proton 8.0-3 Released With More Windows Games Running On Linux, Fixes

Phoronix: Proton 8.0-3 Released With More Windows Games Running On Linux, Fixes

Proton 8.0-3 is rolling out on Steam that powers Steam Play to enjoy the latest Windows games on Linux. Proton 8.0-3 brings many fixes and gets more Windows games now running gracefully on Linux desktop systems as well as the Steam Deck...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

When you see games look PooShooter, really gets you to wonder what their priorities are... You could argue "maybe they were trying to fix something else and games like that were noticed to work" but this seems like a rather short list if that's the case.

Whatever, progress is progress so I shouldn't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
      When you see games look PooShooter, really gets you to wonder what their priorities are... You could argue "maybe they were trying to fix something else and games like that were noticed to work" but this seems like a rather short list if that's the case.

That caught my eye as well. I anticipate that it's a case of user-feedback and how much those who encounter the issues are willing to aid in testing.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post

Wine/Proton developers have actually written a blogpost why did they do that (and how that benefits other games too): https://www.codeweavers.com/blog/mjo...ly-not-a-waste

Comment

PooShooter is game of all time

Comment

But they did not pull the fix for Age of Empires 2 DE unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by m4tx View Post

Wine/Proton developers have actually written a blogpost why did they do that (and how that benefits other games too): https://www.codeweavers.com/blog/mjo...ly-not-a-waste
              That's a great little post. It goes to show that an issue with one game might explain issues with others, even if the problems manifest in different ways.

Comment

Working...
              X