Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steam On Linux Use Steady For June, ~40% Of Linux Gamers Are Using The Steam Deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam On Linux Use Steady For June, ~40% Of Linux Gamers Are Using The Steam Deck

Phoronix: Steam On Linux Use Steady For June, ~40% Of Linux Gamers Are Using The Steam Deck

Valve has shared their Steam Survey results for the month of June which shows the Steam on Linux marketshare holding steady...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Coffee:

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    In Msy
    Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    June results ofr the

Comment

Typo: "Linux Gamers" -> "guys that want to affect useless stats"

Comment

Linux -0.03% and the same time Deck +14%. So, seems like linux users throw gaming on theirs desktop and change to Deck.

Comment

For June the Steam Survey results show a slight <drop> (0.03%) to 1.44%.
          I think you dropped the word drop from that sentence. And possibly a missing comma after June.

Edit to add: And the last sentence has a typo:

See more of the June results ofr the Steam Survey at steampowered.com.​
          Last edited by Old Grouch; 02 July 2023, 04:22 PM. Reason: Additional typo

Comment

Last month I was surveyed within 5 minutes of reading the article on Steam Linux usage during May. The joke's gonna be on Valve for my July Steam gaming numbers. Yesterday I remembered about the Callisto Protocol/Dead Island 2 bundle I got when I bought my GPU so I downloaded Dead Island 2 and I'm currently launching Epic from Steam to play it because I need the Steam controller options.

Comment

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
              Linux -0.03% and the same time Deck +14%. So, seems like linux users throw gaming on theirs desktop and change to Deck.
              These are relative numbers, so you can't read anything like that into it.
              Could be just an effect of summer on the northern hemisphere meaning that less people game at all, an effect which might be less strong for mobile gamers (due to the easy availability).

bottom line: don't even bother trying to interpret such effects, if you don't have the changes in total numbers, there is no point.

Comment

The great thing with SteamOS, it is that now game devs have a single Linux platform to target.
                the bad thing is that Valve doesn’t provide an iso.

Comment

Originally posted by rmfx View Post
                  The great thing with SteamOS, it is that now game devs have a single Linux platform to target.
                  the bad thing is that Valve doesn’t provide an iso.
                  People don't target linux as a platform for games anymore. They just do windows and expect Proton to work, perhaps doing a quick test of that. It makes more sense this way.

Comment

Originally posted by Almindor View Post

People don't target linux as a platform for games anymore. They just do windows and expect Proton to work, perhaps doing a quick test of that. It makes more sense this way.
                    I was talking about the native games…
                    I still have hope that with SteamOS growing popularity, studios will publish native version more and more. I also hope that native apple metal build will become the norm since Apple Vision plateform will entice gamers too. Basically, there is hope regarding multi platform gaming dev to be back on tracks.

Comment

Working...
                    X