Running Linux On The ASUS ROG Ally Gaming Handheld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fluke View Post

So, enough with the MS conspiracy theory stuff.
    As someone having tried (and paid myself for the hardware) for testing Linux on Asus hardware over the past 20 years, they are simply not a good "citizen" when it comes to linux support. Their hardware is typically the most anti-anything when it comes to linux hardware support, and typically barely work with even windoze without a bunch of hackish driver support.

Perhaps they are trying more these days as they feel the struggle more, but they far from an active contributing member of the Linux community for their hardware. For me personally they are actually about the worst OEM contributing to linux support over all this time.

But hey, if perhaps by some small chance they finally want to get in the game, I won't begrudge them. They make nice hardware, just with the worst linux support.

Comment

Did you even read what I wrote?

Comment

Originally posted by fluke View Post
        Did you even read what I wrote?
        Yes, and here's to hope for all the OEM's eventually getting with the program. Keep up the good work, maybe I'll forgive the past 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

PlayStation doesn't run any of the standard BSDs, though.

It runs Sony's special FrankensteinBSD...
          But the question remains, would it be easier/better to port from that to Linux, instead from windows to linux?

Comment

Hmm, I am considering new PC, Beelink GTR7 7840HS was one of the candidates. Now this looks interesting aswell, should have 14% more mem bandwidth,
            cooling system looks great, and comparable cheap if you factor in that it has a quality IPS screen.
            Its almost as stupid looking as Valve's crap, but that doesnt matter alot if you use it stationary.

the Z1 non-extreme seems a rather ridiculous step down (only 1/3 of the GPU Units compared to the "Extreme" version). Cant imagine this being true.

Comment

FYI - here is what I expect is the fix for the Wifi issue.
              wifi: mt76: mt7921e: fix init command fail with enabled device - Patchwork (kernel.org)

Comment

Working...
              X