Wine-Staging 8.10 Adds D3D9 Improvement, Fix For A Bug Open Since 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine-Staging 8.10 Adds D3D9 Improvement, Fix For A Bug Open Since 2009

Phoronix: Wine-Staging 8.10 Adds D3D9 Improvement, Fix For A Bug Open Since 2009

Friday marked the release of Wine 8.10 as the newest bi-weekly development snapshot for this software allowing Windows games and apps to run on Linux and elsewhere. Out now is Wine-Staging 8.10 as the more experimental/testing form with an extra 500 patches atop the upstream Wine code-base...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What's the current status of winesync (aka fast sync)? Will it be upstreamed this year?

Comment

Wine Staging 8.10. Update just hit for Kubuntu. Can't seem to launch anything now. No errors in terminal or anything. Funny thing is that I can run applications if I launch them through the q4wine interface.

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
        Wine Staging 8.10. Update just hit for Kubuntu. Can't seem to launch anything now. No errors in terminal or anything. Funny thing is that I can run applications if I launch them through the q4wine interface.
        In my case stay testing too and dont launch anything too, however in console show this:

00fc:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.

00fc:err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow L"The explorer process failed to start."

12:03:41: Error: Can't create window of class wxWindowClassN​

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
          What's the current status of winesync (aka fast sync)? Will it be upstreamed this year?
          I would like to know what happened to that, there was lots of hype about it.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
            I would like to know what happened to that, there was lots of hype about it.
            Supposedly there was some need for more feedback before upstreaming it, but I don't know how far things progressed.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post

Supposedly there was some need for more feedback before upstreaming it, but I don't know how far things progressed.
              And we'll never know it, it seems...

Comment

Working...
              X