Hangover 0.8.9 Released For Running More Windows Games/Apps On ARM Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangover 0.8.9 Released For Running More Windows Games/Apps On ARM Linux

Phoronix: Hangover 0.8.9 Released For Running More Windows Games/Apps On ARM Linux

By pairing Wine and QEMU, Hangover continues as one of the open-source projects working to allow Windows games/apps run on other architectures like AArch64 and potentially POWER, RISC-V, and others too...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Am I the only one who thinks "Hangover" is a great name for this?

Support, performance and ease of use in qemu and wine has improved a lot in the last decade, but if anyone had asked me "how would it feel to develop something that combines wine and qemu to run amd64 windows applications in arm64 Linux?" I believe "like a hangover" but have been an accurate and original answer that I would never have imagined.

(And I mean no disrespect to wine and qemu, they are both great challenging projects that have made huge progress. I admire them and their devs)

Comment

Originally posted by zeehio View Post
      No, sir, you are not.

Comment

Originally posted by zeehio View Post
        I also think that Hangover is a great name for this.

Comment

Working...
        X