Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valve Issues A Big Steam Beta Update With Better Overlay, Linux Hardware Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    I was talking more about the actual number of users. Say there have been 100 Steam Decks sold and 30 of them get the survey. Then the conclusion would be that there are only 30 people with a Steam Deck. But that's only a guess, because you didn't know about the other 70 people that bought one as they didn't get the survey. So it gives an idea, but you can't draw any definitive conclusions from a survey that's only presented to a limited amount of people. Maybe if 70 out of 100 people got the survey, because that would be closer to the actual number.
    There are more interesting numbers.

Steamdeck sales against number of steam users also is interesting 0.18 as the AMD custom gpu of the steam deck seams a little low(lets just say understatement low). Those numbers make it possible that only 1in10 steamdecks got in the survey at best.

I do agree you cannot draw any definitive conclusions but some conclusions a survey can rule out.

I kind of suspect lot of people put offline games they want on the steamdecks and use them offline so not getting the chance to be surveyed very often..

Comment

Originally posted by mos87 View Post
      Linux Steam client with precious few Linux games that is.
      Sure, if you ignore all of the games that are now playable via Proton. Steam on Linux with Proton has been a boon for gamers wanting to use Linux. I know it has been for me.

Comment

CJK support when ?
        ​​​​I mean dunno is it just me or not, I still can't type any CJK character inside games, even pasting CJK character is not working

Comment

Working...
        X