Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft's Dozen Up To A 98.5% Pass Rate For Vulkan 1.0

Phoronix: Microsoft's Dozen Up To A 98.5% Pass Rate For Vulkan 1.0

Microsoft's Dozen "dzn", which was merged to Mesa last year as Vulkan implemented on Direct3D 12, is onto a 98.5% pass rate for its Vulkan 1.0 coverage...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In Microsoft: how can "dzn" be presented to be profitable to Microsoft?

Comment

I hope it gets to 1.2 soon, its so much easier to tell users to just use WSL for encoding stuff, but right now vapoursynth libplacebo doesn't work inside of WSL2 since it's VK only, no GL support

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post
        In Microsoft: how can "dzn" be presented to be profitable to Microsoft?
        Not everything HAS to be profitable to make sense. Not even in the corporate world.

Comment

Assholes trying to do everything to sabotage Vulkan!

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
            Assholes trying to do everything to sabotage Vulkan!
            help me do the math on this one cause I aint calculating it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Quackdoc View Post

help me do the math on this one cause I aint calculating it lol
              Same here. All I can see is how Microsoft can leverage this into profits via compatibility modes (Windows and Xbox) and how it encourages other companies to want to use Vulkan by default. Instead of targeting a bunch of different graphics APIs they'll be able to just target Vulkan and let the host covert it to its way of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Same here. All I can see is how Microsoft can leverage this into profits via compatibility modes (Windows and Xbox) and how it encourages other companies to want to use Vulkan by default. Instead of targeting a bunch of different graphics APIs they'll be able to just target Vulkan
                "dzn" is Vulkan implemented on Direct3D, it promotes "just target Direct3D".

Comment

Originally posted by Nth_man View Post

"dzn" is Vulkan implemented on Direct3D, it promotes "just target Direct3D".
                  that's the exact opposite of what it does, it makes vulkan more viable because there ARE systems out there like qualcomm ones that do not support vulkan but do support dx12 on windows. I dont see how making vulkan more widespread = target d3d...

not to mention this also helps vulkan in wsl2, making that a more viable compute platform too. increasing potential devs there.

Comment

What's the point of this proprietary bullshit? Just use Vulkan like a normal company. Oh right, M$ wants to be a closed garden just like Apple with their own standards.

Comment

Working...
                    X