Steam On Linux Metrics End Out 2022 With Some Odd Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post

Maybe because for they Linux has bad connotation - national Chinese Linux with spyware from government. Every bad, authoritarian country has its national Linux, North Korea, Russia, China.
    You're just throwing stones at the people in the jail cells opposite yours.

Comment

Originally posted by middy View Post
      i really wish we could see all this stuff broken down by region. i've always been convinced that asia is the reason for funky results. simply because of the high windows usage and cafe stuff. i would really like to see the results from just europe and north america. i would also love to see by individual country too. just to see how emerging countries are like and their trends. such as india.

with that said, my buddy bought a 512gb steam deck. first time he's ever used linux and he's in love with it. its completely replaced his laptop and nintendo switch.
      Depends on the region of Asia. In China, there's an increasing number of laptops sold with Deepin and the government is switching entirely to UOS (based on Deepin). Now, they will not install Steam, but laptop users that bought one with Deepin will.

But I agree: I would like to see usage by region as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zookeeny View Post

You're just throwing stones at the people in the jail cells opposite yours.
        Last time I checked, I could name my gov Winnie Pooh without any consequences. Sooo, uhm. You're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by vohcjdwd

No, I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy in the (implied) statement that other places are somehow significantly less authoritarian/corrupt/unjust than every NPC's 3 favorite boogie men.
          You are comparing illeberal self declared dictatorship with free democracies. You are either insane or a paid troll

Comment

We can ask Snowden...

Comment

Originally posted by avis View Post
              One final thing, choose Linux only, and expand the Video card section. 24% of Linux "users" are on Steam Deck ("AMD AMD Custom GPU 0405"), so in reality Linux continues to be well below 1% in terms of desktop market share.

Ah, and RTX 4090 is missing from the charts altogether. So much for "200K shipped cards".

I doubt that most users with a RTX 4090 are using said cards to game (or at the very least game as much as other users with more mainstream cards). Lots of people buy such cards for other uses besides games.
              Last edited by Melcar; 02 January 2023, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vohcjdwd

Imagine being this clueless. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
                Imagine not voting. Anyway I am free to write whatever I want.. But you can only do that on these "unfree" western forums but not in your Chinese home.

Comment

My older custom gaming rig (Ryzen 2600X, 16gb, GTX 1080, 512gb NVMe, 2TB ext4 HDD steam drive) is now running Fedora 37 with third party libs. Nvidia Driver 525 iirc is working like a charm and I have protonup and winetricks working though haven't needed it yet. I have Elden Ring running like a champ. Bioshock Infinite and the Trails in the Sky series all running like champs too. So, needless to say that this has been a successful transition. No going back and I don't even need to proxmox with a windows passthrough. PS5 and Series X will be where all new games run anyways so my steam library can age on Fedora. Only thing that needs to improve is DayZ and there will be no reason to keep a laptop running Win11. The only issue I have with Fedora 37 is that its Wayland and Discord has some issues out of the box with that but I can tweak that.

Comment

Working...
                  X