Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam On Linux Metrics End Out 2022 With Some Odd Numbers

Phoronix: Steam On Linux Metrics End Out 2022 With Some Odd Numbers

Valve has just published the Steam Survey results for December 2022 that come in at a bit of a surprise...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

i really wish we could see all this stuff broken down by region. i've always been convinced that asia is the reason for funky results. simply because of the high windows usage and cafe stuff. i would really like to see the results from just europe and north america. i would also love to see by individual country too. just to see how emerging countries are like and their trends. such as india.

with that said, my buddy bought a 512gb steam deck. first time he's ever used linux and he's in love with it. its completely replaced his laptop and nintendo switch.
    Last edited by middy; 01 January 2023, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by middy View Post
      with that said, my buddy bought a 512gb steam deck. first time he's ever used linux and he's in love with it. its completely replaced his laptop and nintendo switch.
      If it has completely replaced his laptop, is he using it for desktop/non-gaming stuff?

Comment

CPU Speeds should also include AMD when Windows, Mac and Linux view is selected
        Physical CPUs should be Threads (or Cores?). Who plays using an actual dual-CPU (or more) board?

Comment

A youtuber I follow named HexDSL did a few videos recently about how he used a docked Steamdeck as his everyday computer when his regular Dell laptop was out for repairs, and it was definitely all he needed. It's very interesting, with the higher degree of portability I could see this form factor competing with the laptop in the future.

Comment

Looks like everyone here wants steam to be a spyware

Comment

First time starting Steam this year and I got the survey
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post
                Looks like everyone here wants steam to be a spyware
                I've gotten the steam survey on linux. It's voluntary and it is visible to the user. It's not a secret vacuum cleaner in the shadows.

Comment

It's not the first time they published incorrect numbers and fix them a few days later. I don't know why, maybe they are using some weighting or something like that. Anyway, it's best to wait a few days to be sure the numbers are accurate.

Comment

I thought this discrepancy would be due to a increase in overall steam users?

Comment

Working...
                    X