Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still no support for my Razer BLACKWIDOW V3 PRO wireless

Comment

Just to share my experience, I have never had issues with Razer products and I am actually quite happy with them, whether mice or keyboards, which I use at home and at work. And since I have always bought when on offer and in one case bought a used "like new" keyboard, I've never spent too much.

Comment

Jelly-Comb-Bluetooth-Ergonomic-Mouse-Magic-Vertical-Wireless-Bluetooth-2-4G-USB-Mouse-for-Laptop-Computer.jpg_640x640.jpg

my mouse from aliexpress(the non rgb bluetooth version) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002176960341.html
        available under a different rebrand: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003849270281.html

the only problem being that it doesnt correctly state the battery level but oh well. Battery always lasting a month+ with heavy use. Also i got it for 17 bucks. its twice as much now though.
        Last edited by cj.wijtmans; 23 November 2022, 08:18 AM.

Comment

It isn't clear exactly why OpenRazer is necessary when the mice work fine by default on Linux. What exactly is it doing? I don't really trust a razer service that isn't actually necessary running just because...

Comment

Originally posted by deusexmachina View Post
            It isn't clear exactly why OpenRazer is necessary when the mice work fine by default on Linux. What exactly is it doing? I don't really trust a razer service that isn't actually necessary running just because...
            From my understanding, there are additional features that cannot be easily configured otherwise on Linux, as Razer does nothing to support their products under Linux (except for those that ran Android, and even then, support was limited to Android).

The base kernel support, as well as the OpenRazer project, are not Razer contributions, but open source community contributions, so there are no Razer services running.

Whether any service is running, I have not looked into that (I have no Razer products other than my Razer Phone 2) since the configuration could either be like with A4Tech's mice (like my trusty old RBW-5), remapped in the OS only, or it could be as with other devices, where it could be stored on on onboard storage in the mouse.

Comment

Working...
            X