X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• evil_core
    replied
    Steam Deck specs:
    USB-C with DisplayPort 1.4 Alt-mode support; up to 8K 60Hz or 4K @120Hz, USB 3.2 Gen 2y

Steam Deck Dock specs:
    Supports up to 4k 60hz, or 1440p 120hz
    So this IMHO sucks, that that dock is not up to specs of Steam Deck.
    You can argue games would never run smoothly at 4K@120Hz, but I guess that many would will(especially with FSR or integer upscaling). and you may want to watch to want some videos at 8K@60Hz or use it to test monitors/cables if there's problem with your other setup.

I do wonder if the main problem is MST chip, and y getting rid if it in design, would unblock full SteamDeck's output capabilities?​

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Elendig View Post
    Valve still refuses to sell to norway :/
    And Australia... I've decided to wait for Steam Deck 2... even the next gen version of XR2 is 2.5x speed.

Leave a comment:

• pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx
    replied
    Originally posted by joshx1 View Post
    Also probably won't be in Australia anytime soon, reasons:

1. GST (10% tax)
    2. Warranty here is for the consumer, which Valve already hates for Steam (they fought HARD against the ACCC [Australian Competition and Consumer Commission], and lost their $3 million settlement).
    3. Shipping

IMHO, they really need to have regional partners who can resell these, provide support/refunds/warranty etc. I don't have to go through MSI to buy an MSI motherboard, I can go down to the computer shop or order online. Even with Google Pixel and other phones you can buy them through stores instead of directly through Google.
    This is what they are already doing.

Komodo for Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong.

I'm guessing it will be EBGames in Australia.

Leave a comment:

• theuserbl
    replied
    Originally posted by carewolf View Post
    Do they also sell a Steam Deck Dock Deck? And a dock to fit it in?
    Do you mean the Steam Deck Dock Duck Di... eh ... no.

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Do they also sell a Steam Deck Dock Deck? And a dock to fit it in?

Leave a comment:

• Flaburgan
    replied
    Originally posted by DrYak View Post
    ...but I wasn't allowed to vote back during the EEA votes in '94 (and those were a required first step toward EU). On the grounds of still being an ugly dirty foreigner back then (and incidentally also underage).
    So don't blame me
    Yeah not blaming. If really, really you want one, we could arrange something.

Leave a comment:

• DrYak
    replied
    Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post

Japan says Hi.
    I would have suggested that we start a support group for Deck-less people, but it looks like Valve has finally deemed you "acceptable to get on queue".

Leave a comment:

• DrYak
    replied
    Originally posted by r1348 View Post
    Not surprising, they would have to set up an expensive fiscal presence in your countries, for a relatively low customer base.
    Or they could instead
    • Ship cross-border to CH and NO and let the shipping company handle custom declarations and taxes (like most European-based company do) - Though this does come at a significant cost, Swiss Post's Custom services (which subcontract custom declaration and taxing for nearly all logistics company delivering to Switzerland) having become experts in the dark art of adding bogus fees to jack up the prices (and also push the taxation above the threshold, because of course VAT is computed on the total of {merchandise} + {delivery fee} + {all the fucking bogus fee that Swiss Post adds}).
    • Allow different delivery address from the billing address (e.g.: various networks of delivery boxes in France and Germany: Grenzpackete, Mondial Relay, etc.). You're responsible for picking your package, and declaring and paying import while walking back through the customs -- or nowadays online with an app. (Has the benefits of being orders of magnitude cheaper than when done by Swiss Post. Just pay VAT on the item and that's it).

That's zero effort from Valve (well, okay, maybe a bit of customer support to deal with the angry purchasers that were surprised by some unexpected import tax bills).

Originally posted by Flaburgan View Post
    You know what to vote for next time the topic of joining EU is on the table
    ...but I wasn't allowed to vote back during the EEA votes in '94 (and those were a required first step toward EU). On the grounds of still being an ugly dirty foreigner back then (and incidentally also underage).
    So don't blame me

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
    Japan isn't in Europe. He specifically said "non-EU European".

But Japan is still also affected by Valve's evil decision to not do business (they even had giant Deck stall at TGS at a time when they still weren't selling. Tell me about taunting your poor users).
    So Japan still qualifies for complaining about Deck-lessness.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by joshx1 View Post
    Also probably won't be in Australia anytime soon, reasons:
    2. Warranty here is for the consumer, which Valve already hates for Steam (they fought HARD against the ACCC [Australian Competition and Consumer Commission], and lost their $3 million settlement).
    The Netherlands and Germany have nearly the same warranty law, yet do they sell the Deck over here, so I fail to see how this would be an issue in Australia.

Leave a comment:

• Vistaus
    replied
    Originally posted by Paradigm Shifter View Post

Japan says Hi.
    Japan isn't in Europe. He specifically said "non-EU European".

Leave a comment:

Working...
X