• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
    It's not true.
    It is true.

Originally posted by HEL88 View Post
    In the last 7 years of using Windows 10, I had to 'reset' it once - because stopped updating. So, it's not terrible.
    That's you.

Here's first hit on google: https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2016/1...orror-stories/

Surely you can try harder than that.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoMorpheus View Post
      I love Valve and Steam, but the hardware survey is simply too inaccurate.

i know, i know, its the only option that provides this kind of data, but still, way too inaccurate.
      you sound like you could do with watching

to understand why it isn't inaccurate

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post

you sound like you could do with watching

to understand why it isn't inaccurate
        The Steam Hardware Survey hasn't seemed congruent with AMD's reported performance from other companies. Now we have some idea why.

older than time and still more accurate.

Personaly, i have never received a survey, specially when i have an AMD product and it seems to ignore their gpus and when running Windows and linux.

Time and time, its the same for many others.

I stopped going to techspot due to their insane censorship and pro nvidia bias, but the posters in the forums confirms the same experience.

Comment

The Steam Hardware Survey hasn't seemed congruent with AMD's reported performance from other companies. Now we have some idea why.

older than time and still more accurate.

Personaly, i have never received a survey, specially when i have an AMD product and it seems to ignore their gpus and when running Windows and linux.

Time and time, its the same for many others.

I stopped going to techspot due to their insane censorship and pro nvidia bias, but the posters in the forums confirms the same experience.
          I dont see any innacuracies reported there, just someone from AMD complaining internet cafes arent using their chips.

But that's the nature of gaming PCs.

80% of windows PCs have intel gpus, they dont show up on steam because they dont get used for gaming.

Similarly Steam doesnt track PlayStation or Switch users, for basically the same reasons - people dont log into steam on them.

Comment

Originally posted by mSparks View Post
            I dont see any innacuracies reported there, just someone from AMD complaining internet cafes arent using their chips.

But that's the nature of gaming PCs.

80% of windows PCs have intel gpus, they dont show up on steam because they dont get used for gaming.

Similarly Steam doesnt track PlayStation or Switch users, for basically the same reasons - people dont log into steam on them.
            Its clear that you are one of those that is always correct and everyone else is wrong, regardless of data presented, so yes, you are correct.

Comment

Its clear that you are one of those that is always correct and everyone else is wrong, regardless of data presented, so yes, you are correct.
              If you mean I dont accept "I don't like the answer" as evidence for the answer being wrong - then yes, lots of people who dont like facts around and that isnt me.

What "other data" has been presented? Oh right, one guys opinion, You seem like one to find that clearly far more accurate than usage data of 120 million+ hardware ids.
              Last edited by mSparks; 05 September 2022, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                Most people who bought a Deck knew exactly what it was and what they were getting themselves into. The few people who decided to put Windows on it are those who just wanted an affordable, well-built, and trustworthy portable device, but otherwise have no interest at all in learning a new OS.
                I don't think learning a new OS is anything a gamer that bought a Steam Deck will experience. This technological marvel does exactly what it's supposed to do - I can game on the bus to and from work and it behaves nearly as instant as my PSP did but I got access to a lot more games.

I'm a Linux enthusiast and I can count the amount I switched to the desktop on one hand but once it saved me because I needed to send some forms back to the school of my kids and only half of the tasks I could accomplish on the phone - this is what you get for not taking a laptop with you on vacation.
                Last edited by slalomsk8er; 05 September 2022, 04:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                  Most people who bought a Deck knew exactly what it was and what they were getting themselves into. The few people who decided to put Windows on it are those who just wanted an affordable, well-built, and trustworthy portable device, but otherwise have no interest at all in learning a new OS.
                  These are Linux-only numbers.

I was rather surprised that so many Deck owners bothered installing another Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post

Funny? It's quite sad really - it shows how few Linux users actually game. Or it shows how few Linux users are there overall. I guess both are true.
                    For me it's a positive thing, it means that more Linux users are working on things that will make money and be productive than be preoccupied with childish escapism.

Comment

Originally posted by Istanbull View Post

For me it's a positive thing, it means that more Linux users are working on things that will make money and be productive than be preoccupied with childish escapism.
                      Steam Deck users do not work with Linux per se. They work with a customized OS, curated by the Steam team. They won't use console to apt install/remove stuff or anything like that. They won't have to deal with software regressions. Steam Deck reminds me of Android.

Comment

Working...
                      X