Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lutris 0.5.11 Released With Amazon Games Integration, Gamescope For NVIDIA R515+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lutris 0.5.11 Released With Amazon Games Integration, Gamescope For NVIDIA R515+

Phoronix: Lutris 0.5.11 Released With Amazon Games Integration, Gamescope For NVIDIA R515+

Lutris as the open-source game manager that integrates with the likes of Steam, GOG, Humble Bundle, and other game collections and emulators is out with a new update...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It is cool we have multiple options now for a good multiplatform game launcher. With Lutris the OG, Heroic, Steam to some degree (you can add external games). And there is even Mini Galaxy too. At this point they are often better than native ones for Windows.
    I hope Lutris can steal GOG cloud sync from Heroic in the future, as it is really useful feature.

Comment

It's available on flathub now (without needing the beta repo and additional commands).

Comment

Originally posted by JacekJagosz View Post
        I hope Lutris can steal GOG cloud sync from Heroic in the future, as it is really useful feature.
        That would be awesome! Until then I am using synching with my NAS for all my save files, even though I have to set it up for each game separately.

Comment

Originally posted by JacekJagosz View Post
          It is cool we have multiple options now for a good multiplatform game launcher. With Lutris the OG, Heroic, Steam to some degree (you can add external games). And there is even Mini Galaxy too. At this point they are often better than native ones for Windows.
          Never heard of heroic, but yes it's annoying that lutris doesn't even have some config variable to atleast expose for the user where the game saves stuff.

Comment

I have to say, for a company that insist in closed proprietary software so much, nvidia gets so much support from the FOSS community.

Comment

I used to use lutris but now i use heroic instead. Heroic has an appimage so it's easy to test without installing.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                I used to use lutris but now i use heroic instead. Heroic has an appimage so it's easy to test without installing.
                They are nothing alike though, since Lutris allows you to fine-tune alot of settings related to WINE / Proton.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

They are nothing alike though, since Lutris allows you to fine-tune alot of settings related to WINE / Proton.
                  What fine-tuning do you need that's not possible with Heroic?

Comment

Working...
                  X