• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vorpal View Post
    Why would you want that though?
    Valve promised it.

Don't you expect promises kept?

Comment

Just upgraded my Steam Deck and had to reinstall Firefox via flatpak, and re-login to Firefox sync. Disappointing: system dark theme is NOT propagated to Firefox menu and title bars, unlike Firefox Snap on Ubuntu, or the previous Firefox that came installed with the pre-3.3 system.

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

Valve promised it.

Don't you expect promises kept?
        inb4 "Valve is a commercial company, so you can't trust their promises"

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

inb4 "Valve is a commercial company, so you can't trust their promises"
          they have a whole official wiki page of how they're always late

Comment

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post
            At the moment I'm on PosOs with xanmod kernel...
            Is it really that bad?

Comment

The feature I'm expecting the most is to be finally able to force using a lower resolution than the external screen is able.
              My usb cable is only able of 4K 30fps, and unless you use desktop mode (which is way less handy for controls), the steam decks always picks that mode.
              Most games are unplayable as a result, the lag being too big. I'd much rather have it pick 1080p 120fps.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

Is it really that bad?

No not really

Comment

What is the current Kernel and Plasma version of SteamOS 3.3?

Comment

Originally posted by ezst036 View Post

Great! How do I use Rufus to make a bootable USB and which file is the one I need to choose?
                    If you don't want to build it yourself, you can use the recovery image. It might not work as steamOS is not being designed as a desktop OS nor is that planned. And that's okay. Distros should not be one size fits all. With that said, it's just Arch and you can probably get it working

I'm currently going to dual boot on the Deck for a more custom experience, but the Valve experience is pretty awesome already.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomin View Post

Isn't that "Steam Runtime 2" and not "SteamOS 3"?

I've been looking forward to swap my living room PC to use SteamOS once Valve releases SteamOS 3 generally. I know people have been hacking Steam Deck images to work with other x86_64 hardware but I'd prefer to not to rely on such hacks.
                      According to valve they make 0 guarantees on any out of band hardware. See https://help.steampowered.com/en/faq...EDF2-EB6D-2BB3

With that said, what is preventing you from installing a distro with plasma DE and the steam client? The real winner in all this is proton and that's what people should focus on the desktop.

Comment

Working...
                      X