For Linux Enthusiasts Especially, The Steam Deck Is An Incredible & Fun Device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brucethemoose View Post

And that's just flatpak. Given the results of this post (assuming it was compiled/tested with Clear's default flags):

You can probably squeeze even more RPSC3 out of the deck with a native/optimized AUR build and system libs from ALHP or Cachy.
    They also got steam deck + yuzu emu and vulkan working too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmmmZwk01CY

Comment

Originally posted by onlyLinuxLuvUBack View Post

They also got steam deck + yuzu emu and vulkan working too https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmmmZwk01CY
      Yeah. RPSC3 is really the most questionable one for the deck, as its by far the most hardware intense.

Comment

My SD is just awesome. I have gamed on Linux before for many years and it was already awesome but the deck now makes it a no-brainer. That XWayland window manager is awesome and makes it feel like a console. Not too much windows popping up or launchers while loading a game, it's like all the games were made for this. Got me a 65 W power pack and basically never use the decks battery. The option integrated for power management, like setting the TDP, GPU freq or FSR are easy to use and with the new power profiles, it keeps ur settings individually throughout different games. Gaming Horizon Zero Dawn at the moment, with medium settings on, I dunno 960 x 572 at 15 Watts and 30 fps and it still looks awesome since the smaller display has a high DPI value and makes the stuff look sharp. I even like the graphics more than on my PC monitor, normal maps on textures look better with a high dpi count and reflections and light comes off more realistic.

I normally like to tinker on tux but its just cool to have a device for once, you switch on and play. You can even hibernate your gaming session at any given time and then resume a week later, just where you left. The hibernation is so good, I even did it on loading screens and you dont have to worry it just works.

Comment

Any information about coreboot on steamdeck?

Comment

Originally posted by Laughing1 View Post
            Any information about coreboot on steamdeck?
            No. Valve looked into Coreboot and decided not to. Also, please don't necro old threads (this thread was cold and dark for over a year before your post).

Comment

Working...
            X