Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• user1
    replied
    It seems like compositing on KDE + x.org and xfce was enabled, hence the slightly lower performance. Don't know if it's possible on xfce, but on KDE you can disable the compositor via Alt + Shift + F12 keyboard shortcut.
    I tested myself Dirt Rally (its built in benchmark) on KDE 5.22.5 + x.org and also on Gnome 41 + Wayland. The performance was identical.

Leave a comment:

• scirocco
    replied
    Originally posted by V1tol View Post
    I wonder how will kwinft and kwin-lowlatency look in these tests. I think problems with Hitman were because it failed to request compositor to disable for some reasons.
    Yeah would be fun to see a comparison between kwin-lowlatency vs mutter-performance package.

Leave a comment:

• Mario Junior
    replied
    Originally posted by Volta View Post

Your/our experience with XWayland. Indeed some games have problems, but it's not pure Wayland experience.
    And what I need to do to play my games with Wayland instead XWayland?

Leave a comment:

• Mani
    replied
    I would be really interested in data of a WLROOTS based wayland compositor (i.e. sway)

Leave a comment:

• ireri
    replied
    Originally posted by Volta View Post
    Wayland is not only faster, but more secure and power efficient. Eat this xorg fanboys.
    Would be great if I could use it for everything already! But alas, it is not ready yet, so in the meantime X.Org…

Leave a comment:

• birdie
    replied
    Was compositing enabled in XFCE - that is the question. It may incur quite a serious performance loss.

Leave a comment:

• Volta
    replied
    Originally posted by Mario Junior View Post
    I find it interesting how my experience with Wayland in games is just the opposite of the Phoronix benchmarks, and it's not just about FPS.
    Your/our experience with XWayland. Indeed some games have problems, but it's not pure Wayland experience.
    Last edited by Volta; 28 December 2021, 12:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• geearf
    replied
    Originally posted by V1tol View Post
    I wonder how will kwinft and kwin-lowlatency look in these tests. I think problems with Hitman were because it failed to request compositor to disable for some reasons.
    I was wondering the exact same thing! It'd be nice to add them to this benchmark.

Leave a comment:

• RejectModernity
    replied
    If only Michael could test games with native wayland support, like dota 2 on opengl. Just add SDL_VIDEODRIVER=wayland at the launch options.

Leave a comment:

• Mario Junior
    replied
    Originally posted by mirmirmir View Post

sounds like you have a lot of things to say
    I already said many times here. Stutter, less FPS than Xorg, vsync enabled everywhere, mouse cursor becomes a shit on games...

This happens in whatever distro I use.

Originally posted by CochainComplex View Post

Nvidia ?
    AMD.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X