Polychromatic 0.7.3 Released With New Razer Device Support, 8000Hz Polling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polychromatic 0.7.3 Released With New Razer Device Support, 8000Hz Polling

Phoronix: Polychromatic 0.7.3 Released With New Razer Device Support, 8000Hz Polling

Polychromatic as the open-source GUI front-end for working in turn with OpenRazer for configuring Razer peripherals under Linux is out with a new holiday release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hmmm... The UI has changed radically since the moment you took that screenshot. Wouldn't it be wise to update it?

Comment

It's nice that my mouse is fully supported now. Now we just need to get computers powerful enough to be able to redraw 3d coordinates 8000 times a second... news flash: even CS:GO on low can't keep up on Linux doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by jeoshua View Post
        It's nice that my mouse is fully supported now. Now we just need to get computers powerful enough to be able to redraw 3d coordinates 8000 times a second... news flash: even CS:GO on low can't keep up on Linux doing this.
        And monitors that are able to refresh at 8000Hz...

Hey, at least for music production this means very low latency, assuming a buffer size of 5 and sample rate of 44100Hz.

Comment

Good news, the bad is that after 3.2.0 update (it has hit Debian testing today) the razermouse and razerkbd kernel modules fail to load for me with message "system not supported, no hid or usb support". Didn't have the time to investigate the issue properly though.

Comment

Does anyone have any real-linux (Linux from scratch) build instructions for openrazer?

Comment

Originally posted by jeoshua View Post
              Higher mouse polling rates will benefit you even if you don't quite reach 8,000 FPS.
              (Also, now that CS:GO has Vulkan support on Linux, its framerates are much more competitive with the Windows version – as long as you warm up its cache by playing a few deathmatch/casual games to avoid stuttering during gameplay.)

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post

Higher mouse polling rates will benefit you even if you don't quite reach 8,000 FPS.
                (Also, now that CS:GO has Vulkan support on Linux, its framerates are much more competitive with the Windows version – as long as you warm up its cache by playing a few deathmatch/casual games to avoid stuttering during gameplay.)
                You say this, but experience (literally doing this) tells me otherwise.

Note: I'm not upset with either Linux, CS:GO, Razer, or even Polychromatic over this. I'm happy my sensors can reach higher fidelity than any reasonable system could ever really support. Truly I am. It's nice to know there is headroom. It's not like I bought this mouse (Razer Viper 8khz) because of the high polling rate, I got it because it was super cheap compared to other mice in its class. It performs excellent at 1000hz, and the click-response works faster than I can reliably measure.
                Last edited by jeoshua; 24 December 2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X