More BattlEye-Protected Games Now Working With Steam Play On Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More BattlEye-Protected Games Now Working With Steam Play On Linux

Phoronix: More BattlEye-Protected Games Now Working With Steam Play On Linux

Last month BattlEye-using games began running on Steam Play when using the latest Steam client beta paired with the experimental version of Proton. However, it still does require the intervention of the game studio to request the support be enabled for a particular game. Today in time for any weekend gaming is several more games using the BattlEye anti-cheat software working on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Great, even though I wish games weren't using client-side anti-cheat, and more so if they are single-player.

Comment

An update was posted to the Stam news to point out several more BattlEye protected games are now working on Linux with Steam Play / Proton.
      I love the typo

Comment

Well...the old 90's hit from Envogue comes to mind:

-"Free your miiind, and the rest will follow !"
        Last edited by mrazster; 03 December 2021, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Sweet! ArmA 3 has had a Linux build for years, but it was limited and not compatible with the base game. It'll probably be better in Proton/Wine.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
            Sweet! ArmA 3 has had a Linux build for years, but it was limited and not compatible with the base game. It'll probably be better in Proton/Wine.
            They've temporarily (probably permanently) abandoned the Linux-build so it's several major versions behind the Windows-release, and it has some severe limitations.
            Experience true combat gameplay in a massive military sandbox. Authentic, diverse, open - Arma 3 sends you to war.

It kinda worked in Proton last time I tested, but you wouldn't be able to join any multiplayer servers as most of them are BattleEye-enabled and would kick you out upon joining. That last part is hopefully no longer the case.

Comment

Playing PlanetSide 2 on Proton 6.3-8 for almost a week. Works better than on Windows - it stutters for me there for some reason. Still has issues with launcher being black\white, but that was easily fixed by launch arguments.

Comment

Originally posted by V1tol View Post
                Playing PlanetSide 2 on Proton 6.3-8 for almost a week. Works better than on Windows - it stutters for me there for some reason.
                The reason usually is AMD D3D9-11 driver.

Comment

Originally posted by microcode View Post
                  It is and has better performance than the unmaintained native version. Has worked wonders for some time now, you were able to create private instances with friends and join AC-less public servers. Game itself runs great! Anyway, private games with friends is the way to go even with public servers now working.

Comment

Fortnite working?

Comment

Working...
                    X