• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QwertyChouskie
    replied
    Originally posted by hax0r View Post
    Fortnite working?
    They're probably a bit busy with getting Chapter 3 out to the masses after today's huge end-of-season event. Also, Chapter 3 is supposed to be built on Unreal Engine 5, so even more work for the devs. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a way to run on Linux once the UE5 port stabilizes a bit. The Steam Deck+Linux is definitely much more worth targeting than just the current Linux population as far as ROI is concerned.

Leave a comment:

• Phemg
    replied
    No iRacing T.T

Leave a comment:

• qarium
    replied
    I tried DayZ with the newest updates it does not work. tested with fedora 35 and TR1920X and a Vega64.

steam proton error message:
    Error
    x
    Unexpected error occured:
    '-146586108' is not a valid value for property 'Height'.
    Details are stored in a text file on your desktop.

Leave a comment:

• hax0r
    replied
    Fortnite working?

Leave a comment:

• chocolate
    replied
    Originally posted by microcode View Post
    Sweet! ArmA 3 has had a Linux build for years, but it was limited and not compatible with the base game. It'll probably be better in Proton/Wine.
    It is and has better performance than the unmaintained native version. Has worked wonders for some time now, you were able to create private instances with friends and join AC-less public servers. Game itself runs great! Anyway, private games with friends is the way to go even with public servers now working.

Leave a comment:

• aufkrawall
    replied
    Originally posted by V1tol View Post
    Playing PlanetSide 2 on Proton 6.3-8 for almost a week. Works better than on Windows - it stutters for me there for some reason.
    The reason usually is AMD D3D9-11 driver.

Leave a comment:

• V1tol
    replied
    Playing PlanetSide 2 on Proton 6.3-8 for almost a week. Works better than on Windows - it stutters for me there for some reason. Still has issues with launcher being black\white, but that was easily fixed by launch arguments.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by microcode View Post
    Sweet! ArmA 3 has had a Linux build for years, but it was limited and not compatible with the base game. It'll probably be better in Proton/Wine.
    They've temporarily (probably permanently) abandoned the Linux-build so it's several major versions behind the Windows-release, and it has some severe limitations.
    Experience true combat gameplay in a massive military sandbox. Authentic, diverse, open - Arma 3 sends you to war.

It kinda worked in Proton last time I tested, but you wouldn't be able to join any multiplayer servers as most of them are BattleEye-enabled and would kick you out upon joining. That last part is hopefully no longer the case.

Leave a comment:

• microcode
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mrazster
    replied
    Well...the old 90's hit from Envogue comes to mind:

-"Free your miiind, and the rest will follow !"
    Last edited by mrazster; 03 December 2021, 04:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X