CrossOver 21.1 Released With GTA V Support, Restores Outlook 2016 & 365 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Naquatis View Post
    There was a time when I thought "oh look native Linux gaming" .. today I only think -> yeah nice .. I will install it on Windows so I get 50% more performance.
    Thanks to DXVK, some games actually run faster on Linux than they do on Windows, if you have enough CPU threads anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Developer12 View Post
      Please stop with the tiny images on the front page, they fuck up the layout and make the whole page longer.
      Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        Thanks to DXVK, some games actually run faster on Linux than they do on Windows, if you have enough CPU threads anyway.
        Over the years I patched Wine with nearly everything from Nine to DXVK but in no case my programs were able to run faster on Wine than on Windows.
        What is funny because the CPU on Linux is single threaded 30% faster and has twice as much cores.

And it already starts with raw File IO performance under Wine .. what is also funny because my Arch Linux system using PCIE4 while my Windows system is still on PCIE3 but both using the same 2TB SAMSUNG NVME.

I am finally ok with using more than one system that's the reason I am using OSX for audio because audio stuff runs better on OSX than on Windows.
        Last edited by Naquatis; 30 November 2021, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X