No announcement yet.

CrossOver 21.1 Released With GTA V Support, Restores Outlook 2016 & 365 Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CrossOver 21.1 Released With GTA V Support, Restores Outlook 2016 & 365 Support

Phoronix: CrossOver 21.1 Released With GTA V Support, Restores Outlook 2016 & 365 Support

CodeWeavers is kicking off the new week by releasing CrossOver 21.1 for Linux, macOS, and Chrome OS users wanting to enjoy Windows games and applications...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wonderful to see GTA V support finally here!
    I think the next year will be great for Linux gaming with all these improvements everywhere.

Comment

By buying it you support Wine development and Linux gaming.

Comment

Please stop with the tiny images on the front page, they fuck up the layout and make the whole page longer.

Comment

Why are "modern" logo designers making everything worse?

This one here was obviously inspired by this great role-model:

Comment

I've purchased Crossover a couple times in the past but didn't really end up using it and mainly did it as a donation to the project. Might do it again since there is a Cyber Monday deal that has it for only $15.

Proton and Lutris are updated more frequently and are overall better options for Linux gaming but I'd totally use this for macOS gaming (where Proton doesn't exist and is cheaper than Parallels + Windows license) or if I needed to use Microsoft Office under Linux.

Has anyone tried Office 2019 or 2021 under this or is only up-to 2016-era supported?

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post
              I've purchased Crossover a couple times in the past but didn't really end up using it and mainly did it as a donation to the project. Might do it again since there is a Cyber Monday deal that has it for only $15.

Proton and Lutris are updated more frequently and are overall better options for Linux gaming but I'd totally use this for macOS gaming (where Proton doesn't exist and is cheaper than Parallels + Windows license) or if I needed to use Microsoft Office under Linux.

Has anyone tried Office 2019 or 2021 under this or is only up-to 2016-era supported?
              Thanks for the info on that, just renewed my license.
              Don't expect much and seldom disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                I think the next year will be great for Linux gaming with all these improvements everywhere.
                GTAV was working on Wine years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny3 View Post
                  There was a time when I thought "oh look native Linux gaming" .. today I only think -> yeah nice .. I will install it on Windows so I get 50% more performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaero_Vincent View Post

I'm running Office 365 (Microsoft 365) on Ubuntu 21.10 and 32-bit Word, Excel and Outlook seem to work. So far I haven't come across anything that doesn't, but YMMV. Just make sure you install it into a Windows 7 bottle, and that's already unsupported.

I installed libldap (32 and 64-bit) version 2.4 from focal-updates.

64-bit has so far been a no-go for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X