No announcement yet.

DXVK-NVAPI 0.5 Released With NVIDIA DLSS 2.x Bits, Other Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as far as i understand this doesnt need an nvidia gpu, meaning you might get away with getting DLSS and such running on amd. but i dont have one at hands to test

Comment

Originally posted by gulafaran2 View Post
      as far as i understand this doesnt need an nvidia gpu, meaning you might get away with getting DLSS and such running on amd. but i dont have one at hands to test
      i might be mistaken, but i was under the impression that dlss 2.0 uses specialized ML hardware on rtx devices to perform DLSS. If true, this would require software implementations to function without them, which could easily cause a performance impact rendering it useless

Comment

The Quake2 RT with AMD vs NVIDIA kind of highlight open-source limitations when it comes to bleeding edge features. Lets hope the gap can be shrunk so AMD/Intel users can enjoy content with Ray Tracing and such (there is quite allot about's now with varying degrees of RT).

I know RT is kind of pointless in crazy fast paced games, but in other games, even stuff like The Ascent, it can be pretty cool addition.

Comment

Originally posted by gulafaran2 View Post
          This most definitely needs an NVIDIA GPU because otherwise you're talking about a massive performance penalty. RTX 20/30 have dedicated cores to accelerate RTRT/BHV and DLSS. AMD uses shaders to run RTRT but that results in a far worse performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Linuxxx View Post

So, curiosity just got to me and therefore I have to ask, since you have been mentioning this for quite some time now:

Why on earth do you need to encode your videos in YUV444?

Pretty much all the videos I watch are encoded as yuv420p, and with the right mpv.conf, they still look really watchable on my HDTV.
            (And yes, that absolutely includes MPEG-1 240p videos encoded in the '90s!)
            It's a bit silly on his part, but ultimately the larger point he's making that AMD encoding is the worst of the 3 vendors is correct so nitpicking any little thing like this is kind of missing the point.

AMD has chosen to provide a more basic hardware encoding feature in order to save money and it's probably good enough for 99% of people. But for people who care about such things, NVidia or Intel are definitely better options.

Comment

Originally posted by avem View Post

This most definitely needs an NVIDIA GPU because otherwise you're talking about a massive performance penalty. RTX 20/30 have dedicated cores to accelerate RTRT/BHV and DLSS. AMD uses shaders to run RTRT but that results in a far worse performance.
              This just passes the API calls from the game straight into a DLSS library the nvidia proprietary driver provides. The hardware is kind of irrelevant, it uses the proprietary driver software.

Comment

Working...
              X