SuperTuxKart 1.2 Brings Better Gamepad Support, Other Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMB9 View Post

Sorry, but what are you talking about? Are you playing on Smartphone or under Windows? Or did you have forgotten to update STK since last decade?
    STK runs really fast in 1080p on an old, mitigated-to-death Intel Hasswell with a TDP of 45 W and iGPU ... it is among the fastest and most polished games ...
    But of cause on current HW it is very fast using 4k ...
    And this is a game for local multiplayer - so boring is the absolute opposite of that game.
    Maybe you should look how real gamer use this gem before writing such trash.

But concerning LibreOffice - yes, it is office. I you want to get exited concerning quality you must use TeX/LaTeX ... of cause.
    On the other hand compared to other office packages it does a quite good job (just to read those files from Office which can no longer be read by current versions of that app or to convert those files to something useful).
    Maybe using a program more than 10 min per day may help to get to know something about those programs ... and start really using them.
    I have a Intel Core i7 4770K "Haswell" with iGPU and STK runs fast (70 fps) on low setting, but turn up the graphics settings and it gets down to 20 fps.

As for LibreOffice I wasn't referring to the document output quality like LaTeX, more about the quality of the user interface, the document color palate, document templates, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
      No, not yet, but I'll try it.

Yeah, you can say that office suites are meant to be boring, and its true, but I've used LibreOffice at home, and Microsoft Office at work, and its just so much more pleasant and less dreadful to use Microsoft Office. I appreciate the pretty icons, the subtle animations when opening/closing tools, and the default color palette and document templates.

No, but a harmonic, well thought out color palette, beautiful document templates, some clear, semantic icons, and subtle animations when sidebars, menus, toolboxes, showing/hiding, toggling visibility, etc.
      Finally a clear and non-agressive way to express your disappointment with LibreOffice as it stands. Congrats. ^^

I'm afraid though, since most of your gripes with it is on interface, you're in for quite a few more years of disappointment. Unless they decide to specifically set up an UX team to really tackle, which would require lots of money, current interface will probably get only minor improvements over time.

The topic of default templates is something else entirely. It's more of a matter of community being very developer/writer (latter in its rawest meaning) centric. If we had a way to encourage / promote people with actual sense of design to share whatever they make for their entreprises, we could get nice templates quickly. At least for those templates which are not far too intertwinned with entreprise's visual identity (otherwise either get authorization - very unlikely- or refactor -probably too much work-).

That's really the only thing I'm envious about Microsoft Office: the ability to swap the whole aesthetic from a document from one coherent theme for another.
      Libreoffice has sadly nothing of the sort (I only could find some half-hidden option to "load styles" from a file but it just imports the names, not the attached stylizations, so completely useless XD).

Comment

Working...
      X