• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Well that flew right over your head

That was a joke making fun of both people who get upset about those kinds of things and people who identify as odd shit to appear to be attention whores and/or are into the shaming people "woke" culture.

EDIT: 1776 posts -- finally free of British rule
    Ahh. I'm an aspie, so I'm particularly bad at recognizing jokes when there are no non-verbal cues. (Friends in one of the channels I hang out on had a running joke that I'm a robot.)

Leave a comment:

• Wychmire
    replied

That was a joke making fun of both people who get upset about those kinds of things and people who identify as odd shit to appear to be attention whores and/or are into the shaming people "woke" culture.

rip. Guess that's what I get for taking things too seriously sometimes

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Wychmire View Post

I'm pretty sure the terms dude, guys, and bro (and in some cases man) are more-or-less considered to be gender/pronoun-agnostic these days.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    Originally posted by Wychmire View Post

I'm pretty sure the terms dude, guys, and bro (and in some cases man) are more-or-less considered to be gender/pronoun-agnostic these days.
    I don't know about dude or bro, but I grew up understanding "guys" to follow the same rules as French plurals and that was back in the '90s. (ie. you use the masculine plural for all-male or mixed-gender groupings, and the feminine plural for all-female groupings.)

Leave a comment:

• Grim85
    replied
    Originally posted by cl333r View Post
    I guess I'm old fashioned, what other kinds of developers are out there lately?
    I'm highlighting that part of the port is done by a tool, the tool is not human. Standard sort of language

Leave a comment:

• Wychmire
    replied

Woah there buddy, don't assume we're all guys here. I'm a non-gender ghost that identifies as a taco.

Leave a comment:

• ms178
    replied

Woah there buddy, don't assume we're all guys here. I'm a non-gender ghost that identifies as a taco.
    Haha, sorry, just insert a gender of your choosing there.

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by ms178 View Post

Splitting hairs is part of my profession! Especially if it comes down to the choice of words.

Guys, don't get me wrong here, even a non-native Linux game is better than no Linux game at all. I don't question this. It is just a matter of the correct phrasing to me here where I would reserve the term "native" for anything without using performance-decreasing tricks.

Leave a comment:

• ms178
    replied
    Originally posted by Grim85 View Post

They use a tool to convert large parts of the source and then compile it as native, likely after optimisation by a human developer. You're splitting hairs pretty hard there buddy
    Splitting hairs is part of my profession! Especially if it comes down to the choice of words.

Originally posted by jrdoane View Post

Meh. I sort of agree with the last part of the first reply in that thread:

This is how I feel about it. I don't really care what the game does, so long as it works.
    Guys, don't get me wrong here, even a non-native Linux game is better than no Linux game at all. I don't question this. It is just a matter of the correct phrasing to me here where I would reserve the term "native" for anything without using performance-decreasing tricks.

Leave a comment:

• LeJimster
    replied
    I must say, I kinda predicted this when I saw a lot of work on wine conformance a few weeks back with his DXVK stuff. Seemed like he was making an effort for wine and dxvk to live closer together, I assumed he would be a good person to do work on VKD3D after the previously developer Józef Kucia had sadly died in an accident.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X