DXVK Lead Developer Philip Rebohle Has Begun Contributing More To Wine's VKD3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ms178 View Post

Splitting hairs is part of my profession! Especially if it comes down to the choice of words.

Guys, don't get me wrong here, even a non-native Linux game is better than no Linux game at all. I don't question this. It is just a matter of the correct phrasing to me here where I would reserve the term "native" for anything without using performance-decreasing tricks.
    Woah there buddy, don't assume we're all guys here. I'm a non-gender ghost that identifies as a taco.

Comment

Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Woah there buddy, don't assume we're all guys here. I'm a non-gender ghost that identifies as a taco.
      Haha, sorry, just insert a gender of your choosing there.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the terms dude, guys, and bro (and in some cases man) are more-or-less considered to be gender/pronoun-agnostic these days.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
          I guess I'm old fashioned, what other kinds of developers are out there lately?
          I'm highlighting that part of the port is done by a tool, the tool is not human. Standard sort of language

Comment

Originally posted by Wychmire View Post

I'm pretty sure the terms dude, guys, and bro (and in some cases man) are more-or-less considered to be gender/pronoun-agnostic these days.
            I don't know about dude or bro, but I grew up understanding "guys" to follow the same rules as French plurals and that was back in the '90s. (ie. you use the masculine plural for all-male or mixed-gender groupings, and the feminine plural for all-female groupings.)

Comment

Originally posted by Wychmire View Post

Well that flew right over your head

That was a joke making fun of both people who get upset about those kinds of things and people who identify as odd shit to appear to be attention whores and/or are into the shaming people "woke" culture.

EDIT: 1776 posts -- finally free of British rule

Comment

That was a joke making fun of both people who get upset about those kinds of things and people who identify as odd shit to appear to be attention whores and/or are into the shaming people "woke" culture.

rip. Guess that's what I get for taking things too seriously sometimes

Comment

Ahh. I'm an aspie, so I'm particularly bad at recognizing jokes when there are no non-verbal cues. (Friends in one of the channels I hang out on had a running joke that I'm a robot.)

Comment

Working...
                  X