• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

What?
    I just picked four names at random and put two into quotes -- two of them I know the github addresses for and two I don't.

It makes about as much sense as Arch and Manjaro being in quotes and Ubuntu and Ubuntu LTS not under Steam's OS list

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by skeevy420 View Post

Possibly, but Manjaro does have versioned releases now. Still rolling, but the release number gets bumped after enough major packages get updated. Been like that for the past year-ish. Still, it's just odd to me that it's Ubuntu and "Arch".

Code:
    Some pretty smart Phoronix posters[LIST=1][*]tildearrow[*]Ryao[*]"starshipeleven"[*]"Grogan"[*][/LIST]
    What?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Raka555 View Post
    To put the 0.83% in perspective, it is more than the entire Italian speaking community on steam, which is at 0.78%
    And they're barely telling us half of what that .83% consists of. Add up their numbers and Arch, Manjaro, Ubuntu, & Ubuntu LTS make up .44%. Makes me wonder what the other .43% are using.

Maybe that's Steam's way of saying to us, "Use Ubuntu, Arch, or Manjaro"?

So, do we get an Italian voice reveal if you get 4M likes?

Leave a comment:

• Raka555
    replied
    To put the 0.83% in perspective, it is more than the entire Italian speaking community on steam, which is at 0.78%

Leave a comment:

• swagg_boi
    replied
    My Fedora desktop shows up as Unknown (64 bit) and Slackware laptop as Linux 4.4 (64 bit). Not a big deal, I'm glad Valve shows Linux as much love as it does considering we're a percent of a percent but checking a distro in my experience is as simple as doing `cat /etc/*-release`; I do this on servers at work at various jobs I've had just out of curiosity to see which distro/version we have out there. I guess Ubuntu & Manjaro would cover most users but I'm always curious if there's people out there gaming on distros that would be more unusual/obscure choices like RHEL or Void

Leave a comment:

• syrjala
    replied
    I just copy/pasted this from Steam because I noticed something odd.

So, um, I have to ask: Why are Arch & Manjaro in parentheses, Steam? Why are we "different"?
    Oneword vs. "Two words"

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    Originally posted by Grogan View Post
    Possibly because they are rolling releases and they don't grab specific distro versions for the stats?
    Possibly, but Manjaro does have versioned releases now. Still rolling, but the release number gets bumped after enough major packages get updated. Been like that for the past year-ish. Still, it's just odd to me that it's Ubuntu and "Arch".

Code:
    Some pretty smart Phoronix posters[LIST=1][*]tildearrow[*]Ryao[*]"starshipeleven"[*]"Grogan"[*][/LIST]

Leave a comment:

• Templar82
    replied
    So, um, I have to ask: Why are Arch & Manjaro in parentheses, Steam? Why are we "different"?
    I assume that's how they identify to the steam survey, likely a developer choice.

Leave a comment:

• Grogan
    replied
    Possibly because they are rolling releases and they don't grab specific distro versions for the stats?

Leave a comment:

• skeevy420
    replied
    I just copy/pasted this from Steam because I noticed something odd.

Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS 64 bit
    Ubuntu 19.04 64 bit
    "Arch Linux" 64 bit
    "Manjaro Linux" 64 bit

Leave a comment:

Working...
X