More Details On The WineD3D Vulkan Plans & Why DXVK Isn't Being Used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
    How could they not get a hold of him? There's a ******g discord server that the guy is always on, and anyone can reach him on. Just go on there state who you are, and ask if you can email him some stuff if you don't want to talk in public... At first I thought maybe this could have been partially the fault of both sides, but now it just looks like codeweavers are a bunch of morons.
    Rather forthcoming to insulting are you not?
    First, email is the first and best way to communicate. Second, not everyone installs discord for a chat and you are forgetting that installing Discord is not a really good solution for communication, as great as the application is.. it's still not "safe" since it's a proprietary application.
    And having a first contact by email with a standard greeting to start a relationship sounds sane to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethox View Post

First, email is the first and best way to communicate. Second, not everyone installs discord for a chat and you are forgetting that installing Discord is not a really good solution for communication, as great as the application is.. it's still not "safe" since it's a proprietary application.
      And having a first contact by email with a standard greeting to start a relationship sounds sane to me.
      Buzz off.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
        this is ridiculous. developers aren't supposed to handle random mails with business propositions, that's management's job. people working in corporate environment(codeweavers) should know that they have to escalate via their manager. it's not like valve is some secret cabal and it is unknown who manages their linux team
        I agree here, but it's not like we know every detail about Codeweavers efforts, we can only assume it's their fault for not establish a communication with the DXVK maintainer/s.
        Last edited by Sethox; 25 January 2019, 12:32 PM. Reason: Edit: Grammar

Comment

You don't need to install a client to use Discord, you can use the site.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
            There's a ******g discord server that the guy is always on, and anyone can reach him on.
            Do you guys not have [s]phones[/s] emails?

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              this is ridiculous. developers aren't supposed to handle random mails with business propositions, that's management's job. people working in corporate environment(codeweavers) should know that they have to escalate via their manager. it's not like valve is some secret cabal and it is unknown who manages their linux team
              It's perfectly fine to ask a FOSS project developer directly. Though I suppose they could contact Valve as well.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                Very much true, I am not against Discord in any way. I am trying to put my mindset as to why Codeweavers did not put any more effort to contact.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
                  May be they aren't interested in using some proprietary IM platform, who knows. Matrix would have been better (it's FOSS). Regardless, e-mail is an acceptable communication tool.

But I agree, that they could try contacting using more than one method. Simply opening a dxvk bug would have been more effective probably, though that's public communication. May be they wanted private one first?
                  Last edited by shmerl; 25 January 2019, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Very much true, I am not against Discord in any way. I am trying to put my mindset as to why Codeweavers did not put any more effort to contact.
                    Well maybe they did put enough effort, maybe they did not.
                    There's not much value in guessing.

Comment

Originally posted by wpupkin View Post

Do you guys not have [s]phones[/s] emails?
                      Do you guys just give up after your first attempts to contact someone fails?

Comment

Working...
                      X