Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1080p Linux Gaming Performance - NVIDIA 415.22 vs. Mesa 19.0-devel RADV/RadeonSI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brutalix View Post
    Works by pressing play on steam
    Hey, thanks for the response. So you are saying, even when it says on Steam's Civ6 page (below, where the linux requirements are) that it doesn't run on "ati" and intel, it does on your rx480, which is ati/amd so that clearly contradicts Steam's statement.

Annoying, gotta research some more.

Comment

Originally posted by lichtenstein View Post
      Hey, thanks for the response. So you are saying, even when it says on Steam's Civ6 page (below, where the linux requirements are) that it doesn't run on "ati" and intel, it does on your rx480, which is ati/amd so that clearly contradicts Steam's statement.

Annoying, gotta research some more.
      Yup, that's right.

Kind regards
      B.

Comment

My machine is similar, 2700x/x470/vega56 and it works great with xubuntu 18.04. So yeah, you should definitely try it. If you don't want to mess with kernels & graphics ppas though try manjaro. That worked pretty well here too and all the software is current.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

My bug free System:

OpenGL: renderer: Radeon RX 570 Series (POLARIS10 DRM 3.27.0 4.20.0-rc3+
          LLVM 7.0.1)
          v: 4.5 Mesa 19.0.0-devel (git-9dc135e 2018-12-17 bionic-oibaf-ppa)

You are just pissed when using your old and buggy Mesa and kernels.
          Yeah, I am very pissed when my system works correctly, and happy when does not.

Comment

Working...
          X