• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by gutigone View Post

Michael looks like you need to re-do your benchmarks
    The test profile is from nvidia. I already asked them yesterday about 1080p vs 4k behavior and apparently its correct and did verify for these benchmarks rendering were at 4k. But will have more tests in days ahead.

Leave a comment:

• gutigone
    replied
    Originally posted by R41N3R View Post
    I've compared now 1080p with 4k and the results are almost identical https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...RA-TWW2RNN2677
    Michael looks like you need to re-do your benchmarks

Leave a comment:

• mao_dze_dun
    replied
    Originally posted by xpris View Post
    Is any way to run games like this Warhammer II or MadMax, Shadow of Mordor and etc. on Proton? Why I want run windows version and not native? Because most of this port just working very poorly and not have crossplatform multiplayer, so I prefer run it into WINE.
    Is this possible?
    GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.

There you go

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by tildearrow View Post

I just hope the sale isn't eaten in whole by the mine-

Blah, that disappears as soon as one talked about it

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    I've compared now 1080p with 4k and the results are almost identical https://openbenchmarking.org/result/...RA-TWW2RNN2677

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Originally posted by ernstp View Post

If I set Resolution Scale to 50% I get something very similar to Michael. Also, this setting doesn't change when you switch between the presets. So that's my guess...
    I did run a quick test with the phoronix test suite... even though it tells you it did run in 4k (see link below), I'm pretty sure this was on 1080p. Graphics looked quite worse than on real 4k.

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by gutigone View Post

If multiple people are seeing much worse results, that perhaps suggests there's something off with the benchmarks here.

I just looked over at GoL (https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...eractive.13001) who did 1080p and matched up the 980ti they are using.

At 1080p on Ultra GoL got 63.1FPS
    In the same benchmark, at 2160p on the same GPU Phoronix somehow only got ~3FPS less?

Looking properly at Phoronix's system, it's really beefy, far more powerful than likely 99% of Linux gamers methinks. This is why I dislike benchmarks on such a powerful systems, it doesn't really show us anything close to what we're likely to get (which is basically the point of such benchmarks, is it not?).
    If I set Resolution Scale to 50% I get something very similar to Michael. Also, this setting doesn't change when you switch between the presets. So that's my guess...

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by Leopard View Post

He runs it on Mesa 19 , though that kind of difference is absurd.
    I'm also running Mesa 19, performance mode on the CPU, and the GPU. Overclocked CPU also...

Leave a comment:

• gutigone
    replied
    Originally posted by R41N3R View Post

I have mesa-git as well on Arch with a Ryzen 1700 (gamemode installed) and my results are minimum 50% worse... maybe I should test with the phoronix test suite again.
    If multiple people are seeing much worse results, that perhaps suggests there's something off with the benchmarks here.

I just looked over at GoL (https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articl...eractive.13001) who did 1080p and matched up the 980ti they are using.

At 1080p on Ultra GoL got 63.1FPS
    In the same benchmark, at 2160p on the same GPU Phoronix somehow only got ~3FPS less?

Looking properly at Phoronix's system, it's really beefy, far more powerful than likely 99% of Linux gamers methinks. This is why I dislike benchmarks on such a powerful systems, it doesn't really show us anything close to what we're likely to get (which is basically the point of such benchmarks, is it not?).

Leave a comment:

• creative
    replied
    Originally posted by xpris View Post
    Is any way to run games like this Warhammer II or MadMax, Shadow of Mordor and etc. on Proton? Why I want run windows version and not native? Because most of this port just working very poorly and not have crossplatform multiplayer, so I prefer run it into WINE.
    Is this possible?
    Most here probably don't want to see this suggested but even having used linux for years, I highly suggest using windows 10 or seven to remedy what you are asking about, I go in phases honestly where I game like nobodies business beating games like Allen Wake, Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 1 HD remake and Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice within one month. Nothing wrong with dual booting when you are a hardcore gamer. I go through phases where I use nothing but linux cause I just feel in the mood for using it and it only. No shame in using Windows for gaming honestly, but for the purest? honestly they might tell you different.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X