X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R41N3R
    replied
    Originally posted by Leopard View Post

He runs it on Mesa 19 , though that kind of difference is absurd.
    I have mesa-git as well on Arch with a Ryzen 1700 (gamemode installed) and my results are minimum 50% worse... maybe I should test with the phoronix test suite again.

Leave a comment:

• Leopard
    replied
    Originally posted by ernstp View Post
    Whaaat... I get 37 FPS on medium 4k with my Fury. Granted I have an 1700X, but still....

Michael : you don't have resolution scale set to lower or something like that... ?
    He runs it on Mesa 19 , though that kind of difference is absurd.

Leave a comment:

• Leopard
    replied
    Originally posted by xpris View Post
    Is any way to run games like this Warhammer II or MadMax, Shadow of Mordor and etc. on Proton? Why I want run windows version and not native? Because most of this port just working very poorly and not have crossplatform multiplayer, so I prefer run it into WINE.
    Is this possible?
    Mad Max has a Vulkan renderer. It works good and performant. Enable it.

We’re crazy excited to announce that Mad Max is getting revved to utilise Vulkan, the Khronos Group’s next-generation gr<span class='overflowelipsis'>…</span>

Leave a comment:

• R41N3R
    replied
    Originally posted by ernstp View Post
    Whaaat... I get 37 FPS on medium 4k with my Fury. Granted I have an 1700X, but still....

Michael : you don't have resolution scale set to lower or something like that... ?
    My RX480 is as well quite different to the benchmarks of Michael.

Leave a comment:

• gutigone
    replied
    Originally posted by ileonte View Post
    Maybe I'm blind but I don't see the RX480 in any of the charts.
    No it's not there. This happens quite often for some reason.

Also, why no 1080p? It's the most popular resolution, would make a lot more sense to show people what they're likely to see rather than what the minority would.

Leave a comment:

• tildearrow
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    Maybe do FullHD per Black Firday prices
    I just hope the sale isn't eaten in whole by the mine-

Originally posted by Newegg
    OUT OF STOCK.

Leave a comment:

• Brisse
    replied
    Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
    If you go to the Steam settings, you can force-enable Proton on all games, even when there's a Linux native version. I think you can do this per-game too.
    That's not what that setting does. It simply enables Steam Play for non whitelisted titles. Native games will still run as native.

Leave a comment:

• schmidtbag
    replied
    Originally posted by xpris View Post
    Is any way to run games like this Warhammer II or MadMax, Shadow of Mordor and etc. on Proton? Why I want run windows version and not native? Because most of this port just working very poorly and not have crossplatform multiplayer, so I prefer run it into WINE.
    Is this possible?
    If you go to the Steam settings, you can force-enable Proton on all games, even when there's a Linux native version. I think you can do this per-game too.

Leave a comment:

• torsionbar28
    replied
    Michael, would love to see the AMD cards run with both the open source AMDGPU and the closed AMDGPU-Pro driver, in these gaming benches. You wouldn't run a performance benchmark comparing AMDGPU-Pro vs. Nouveau, would you?

Additionally, the dominant screen resolution far and away is still 1080p, according to the Steam survey data. For newly released games like this, it would be great to see the numbers @ 1080p. Seeing how their card performs at this res would aid in the decision to buy the game. As long as I can get 60+ fps @ 1080p, I'm happy. Seeing that my GPU can only muster 39 fps @ 2160p is interesting, but it doesn't help me understand how the game will perform on my existing hardware.

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied

Last edited by ernstp; 21 November 2018, 01:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X