X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mozo
    replied
    Oh, really?

And guess what? You can install it with a single command - no PPA, no 8345734573 lines copy/paste, just "aurman -S mesa-git".

About the upgrades - I tested it and you can update once in a three month without any problems. Is this a problem for you to update in such large period? I don't think so. Arch Linux is FAR more flexible than any Debian/Ubuntu distribution.

Leave a comment:

• mozo
    replied
    You are talking bullshits. Arch Linux is pretty stable and it has fresh software. Every single game I tried runs without any problems.

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

The test profile is from nvidia. I already asked them yesterday about 1080p vs 4k behavior and apparently its correct and did verify for these benchmarks rendering were at 4k. But will have more tests in days ahead.
    Perhaps in some setup but it's broken in your setup then.

Leave a comment:

• ernstp
    replied
    Originally posted by Almindor View Post
    Game doesn't work for me at all, asked for a refund. It starts (after the feral launcher) only to show the first screen then switch to black, play an odd "ding" sound that seems to just be something that got cut off and stops black screened.

Typical linux experience, I'm running RX580 with ryzen 7. The only "unofficial" part is using arch linux which as some people keep claiming, "shouldn't matter since the runtime is provided" (good-un).

Another one bites the dust. This seems to be my experience with anything more demanding on linux lately. I'm really starting to think Feral should just jump ship to full Proton development instead of trying to fix the borked linux userland.
    Vulkan driver version? Works fine on my Fury (same generation kinda.) with Ryzen 7...

Leave a comment:

• Almindor
    replied
    Game doesn't work for me at all, asked for a refund. It starts (after the feral launcher) only to show the first screen then switch to black, play an odd "ding" sound that seems to just be something that got cut off and stops black screened.

Typical linux experience, I'm running RX580 with ryzen 7. The only "unofficial" part is using arch linux which as some people keep claiming, "shouldn't matter since the runtime is provided" (good-un).

Another one bites the dust. This seems to be my experience with anything more demanding on linux lately. I'm really starting to think Feral should just jump ship to full Proton development instead of trying to fix the borked linux userland.

Leave a comment:

• gutigone
    replied
    Originally posted by alexheretic View Post
    I've been running the pts/tww2 test myself today and indeed it doesn't properly set the resolution. I have to manually set it to my own native 1440p each first run.
    At this point, they need to be pulled methinks.

Leave a comment:

• alexheretic
    replied
    I've been running the pts/tww2 test myself today and indeed it doesn't properly set the resolution. I have to manually set it to my own native 1440p each first run.

Leave a comment:

• gutigone
    replied
    Originally posted by theriddick View Post
    Vega64 is $600AUD on Newegg atm for us Australians, which is quite good if anyone wants to pick one up (SAPPHIRE version).

Seems to fair well against the 1070 and TI in this benchmark, good to see.
    See the above comments. Damn sure the benchmarks are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• theriddick
    replied
    Vega64 is $600AUD on Newegg atm for us Australians, which is quite good if anyone wants to pick one up (SAPPHIRE version).

Seems to fair well against the 1070 and TI in this benchmark, good to see.

Leave a comment:

• gutigone
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

The test profile is from nvidia. I already asked them yesterday about 1080p vs 4k behavior and apparently its correct and did verify for these benchmarks rendering were at 4k. But will have more tests in days ahead.
    Just run it manually and verify the results? You've even got a 1080 ti beating a 2080 ti. Going by results I've seen elsewhere, your results would put the 2080 ti outperforming Windows at the same resolution. I'm telling you now, given everyone else's results I've looked up and the comments from other users here, your marks can't be right.

Just look at this: https://www.anandtech.com/show/13346...tion-review/14

Same benchmark, same preset: 55.5fps on the 2080 ti and 41.5fps on the 1080 ti and you're getting 84fps - no way.

And here: https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...i-performance/ they have the 2080ti on 53fps.

Yet another: https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/...0_ti_review/24 their 2080ti is overclocked, 49.5fps.

Your numbers just don't add up. You do verify results right before publishing and not blind fire? Not to be rude, but it's not just you using the PTS, this stuff has to be verified. It needs manual testing on every setting for each new profile so you know it's good for future runs. In this case, it's obviously wrong.

Either your benchmark is magic to make it perform better than the original platform where no one else is seeing it or it's borked mate.
    Last edited by gutigone; 21 November 2018, 07:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X