Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine 3.6 Brings A GLSL-Based Blitter, HiDPI Work

Phoronix: Wine 3.6 Brings A GLSL-Based Blitter, HiDPI Work

Wine 3.6 is now the latest bi-weekly test release for what will eventually become Wine 4.0 stable around the start of 2019...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

In this wine version 1d textures are supported, various games stay affected

Comment

What does the GLSL blitter have that glBlitFramebuffer doesn't?

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
        What a nice question! The patchset have neither cover-letter, nor explanation, nor even a r-b — but somehow got committed.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
          If I had to guess it would be because glBlitFramebuffer is OpenGL 4 while they need to take Macs into account that only do 3.3. It would be good to use glBlitFramebuffer when available of course.

Comment

Originally posted by RemcoL View Post

If I had to guess it would be because glBlitFramebuffer is OpenGL 4 while they need to take Macs into account that only do 3.3. It would be good to use glBlitFramebuffer when available of course.
            glBlitFramebuffer is OpenGL 3.0, and ARB_framebuffer_object (also exposing glBlitFramebuffer) is available on GL 2.x and 1.x Mesa drivers.

Comment

Where i can check Wine for Android progress? Because where almost nothing is working, so generic Wine changelog is not usefull..

Comment

Working...
              X