Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PostgreSQL 10.0 Officially Released

Phoronix: PostgreSQL 10.0 Officially Released

Server administrators can upgrade to PostgreSQL 10.0 with it now being the latest stable release of this SQL database system...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

How big performance improvments do you thing this has compared to v.9 of PostgreSQL? I'm using this database software for my nextcloud server

Comment

Logical replication should make more complex migrations interesting. I'll experiment with it tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendji View Post
        How big performance improvments do you thing this has compared to v.9 of PostgreSQL? I'm using this database software for my nextcloud server
        Which version of Postgres, 9.0? Parallel query can massively improve the execution time, in some simple tests with it, a count (*) is 5 times faster with parallel query

Comment

But is it compliant with the SQL:2016 standard and does it implement the SQL/JSON standard?

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
            But is it compliant with the SQL:2016 standard and does it implement the SQL/JSON standard?
            In a fast search, the only thing that I could find about SQL:2016 standard was dozen of pages of Microsoft SQL Server support for json.

Postgres supports json, but probably not in the way that you are asking

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post

In a fast search, the only thing that I could find about SQL:2016 standard was dozen of pages of Microsoft SQL Server support for json.

Postgres supports json, but probably not in the way that you are asking
              Yes, PostgreSQL have had JSON support since version 9.something, but its non-standard.
              Microsoft SQL Server also have JSON support, but I believe it is also non-standard.
              As far as I understand, Oracle is the one with closest support for the SQL/JSON standard.

Comment

I don't remember exactly what version I'm using. Should probably get round to checking it 😃

Comment

If you want to build this stable version by CMake you can clone my branch https://github.com/stalkerg/postgres...ee/cmake_rel10 or try my patch https://gist.github.com/stalkerg/9da...f25f399af3714e
                  Ninja working too.

Comment

Working...
                  X