Linux 4.9 Kernel Tacks On Over 200k Lines Of Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UbuntuRulez View Post
    Ok, so it seems that you might as well as lie as telling the truth. So you admit you are a troll then. Nice.
    I provide proof of what I say, so I can't be lying even if I might be a Troll.
    Meanwhile you that lie profusely and troll hard claiming to be right and true without any proof.

Who is right? Me.

fact is people are having lot of device driver issues when upgrading the kernel (even within minor revision). Maybe you have missed all those forum threads in all the Linux forums. Do you want me to link to some of them? You apparently dont visit any Linux forums because you deny these threads exist.
    I never denied that, stop strawmanning.

I just said that ABI stability isn't a solution (providing the link as a proof), and that not even Windows has more ABI stability than Linux (providing the windows 10 hardware support clusterfuck and general driver issues as a proof).

And fact is, people dont have these problems with other OSes.
    The only way to update the kernel in Windows is to move to a new Windows version, and that causes breakage in drivers, and it is a fact.

There are facts, and there are opinions. And there are trolls, that lie for fun - just to trigger a flame war. You know, triggering flame wars is what Troll does. Just what i am doing here. Denying all the facts (ABI stability is bullshit even on Windows, kernel updates don't usually break drivers as hard on Linux) and lying about all other OSes don't break when upgrading the kernel - which is not true. So I lie, and start flame wars. The very definition of a Troll.
    Fixed.

Is it possible to ban Trolls here?
    No, this forum is basically unmoderated.

I mean, you say you are lying
    Strawman or a severe case of Learn To Fucking Read.
    and you start flame wars
    You started this by posting blatant bullshit, don't deny it.
    you are a troll.
    Yeah, and you are butthurt because I'm a far better troll than you'll ever be so you whine.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      I provide proof of what I say, so I can't be lying even if I might be a Troll.
      Yeah, and you are butthurt because I'm a far better troll than you'll ever be so you whine.
      So you agree you are a Troll. "I might be a troll", "I am a far better troll than you", etc. Nice.

Meanwhile you that lie profusely and troll hard claiming to be right and true without any proof.
      No proof? I just asked if you want me to link to a couple of threads where Linux upgraders have problems with their drivers?

Who is right? Me.
      A troll is never right. He might as well as lie, as tell the truth. You are not to be trusted, and you need to prove your assertions, which you dont.

I just said that ABI stability isn't a solution (providing the link as a proof), and that not even Windows has more ABI stability than Linux (providing the windows 10 hardware support clusterfuck and general driver issues as a proof).
      You are wrong. Windows have stable ABI. See below.

The only way to update the kernel in Windows is to move to a new Windows version, and that causes breakage in drivers, and it is a fact.
      So? What's the problem? Again, Windows have stable ABI within the Windows version. Microsoft dont promise that your device drivers will work when you move to another Windows version. Microsoft has never promised that drivers for WinXP will work in Win10 - why do you lie about that? You are FUDing too. Troll and FUDer.

OTOH, Linux does have problems with device drivers even upgrading with minor revisions. You can deny this as much as you want, Troll - but it is true. There are forum threads on this - but you never visit Linux forums apparently.

No, this forum is basically unmoderated.
      Too bad, you take pride in being a Troll. You should be banned, you clearly dont know much about IT, contribute nothing constructive and are just rude.

You started this by posting blatant bullshit, don't deny it.
      What bullshit? Linux DOES have a ABI problem. You can deny it how much you want, but it is a fact.

Comment

Originally posted by UbuntuRulez View Post
        So you agree you are a Troll. "I might be a troll", "I am a far better troll than you", etc. Nice.
        But I am actually and factually right. Nice how you aren't getting the important part.

No proof? I just asked if you want me to link to a couple of threads where Linux upgraders have problems with their drivers?
        No, the proof I ask is that these issues are caused by unstable ABI. Because regressions happen because the drivers are actively developed and this is normal also on Windows (go ask NVIDIA lately).
        Mainline drivers don't have ABI issues as they are always kept in sync with kernel.

A troll is never right. He might as well as lie, as tell the truth. You are not to be trusted, and you need to prove your assertions, which you dont.
        That link I posted is enough.

You are wrong. Windows have stable ABI. See below.

So? What's the problem? Again, Windows have stable ABI within the Windows version.
        So does Linux.

Too bad, you take pride in being a Troll. You should be banned, you clearly dont know much about IT, contribute nothing constructive and are just rude.
        Stop projecting your fantasies.

What bullshit? Linux DOES have a ABI problem. You can deny it how much you want, but it is a fact.
        Until you prove that the regressions are caused by ABI instability, that's not a fact.

Comment

Working...
        X