The Linux Kernel SABOTEURS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StringCheesian View Post
    Or more likely somebody's running a script to check a little too frequently for new posts in those threads.
    I believe that you have the correct answer there.

Comment

Jade, your dedication to the topic deserves respect. I have done my own research regarding Hans Reiser and the fate of Reiser4. My conclusion is that the "conspiracy theory" is at least partly true. It requires a more credible name though, such as "conflict of individuals" or "miscommunication problem". Even Torvalds admitted that certain kernel developers are tough to deal with.

On the other hand, many performance tests found on the web give contradicting in formation. Some say Reiser4 is a brilliant technology, others call it nothing more than a failed ambition. That alone is somewhat strange.

Anyway, in a couple of weeks I plan to be running an amazing system - openSuse 11 x86_64, Reiser4, KDE4, Compiz Fusion...
      So, it is vital that dedicated supporters / developers for Reiser4 emerge now. IMHO, the idea is too good too let it die.
      I would even dedicate my own time to it, unfortunately I have zero knowledge of kernel / file system developing

Comment

Huh?? Partly true? What true is that?

Oh... Whatever...

Comment

the reason why Reiser4 isn't in the kernel is a personal conflict between Hans and certain kernel developers. Even Linus admitted it.

Comment

Originally posted by xploited View Post
            the reason why Reiser4 isn't in the kernel is a personal conflict between Hans and certain kernel developers. Even Linus admitted it.
            Personal conflict? Ya ya... Sure sure... Whatever...

Thirty years ago, Linus Torvalds was a 21 year old student at the University of Helsinki when he first released the Linux Kernel. His announcement started, “I’m doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional…)”. Three decades later, the top 500 supercomputers are all running Linux, as are over 70% of all smartphones. Linux is clearly both big and professional.
            Last edited by lenrek; 09 June 2008, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lenrek View Post
              From lenrek's link: http://kerneltrap.org/node/6844

Subject: Re: reiserFS?
              Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:55:30 +0200

"Let me also remember (remind) you that we have had other relevant filesystems for years (reiser3, XFS, JFS), and everybody is ok with them, nobody is planning to kill anyone,...."

Do you think he knew more than he was saying and meant it to continue,....

but with Reiser4 they plan to kill Reiser's wife and frame Reiser. That way Reiser4 will never be a competitive issue for various nasty software and database companies,....
              Last edited by Jade; 10 June 2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Ah...

Maybe aliens from Vega system or Mars are involve? You do know that, some believe aliens live among us? I bet, if they exist, they won't want to see such great accomplishment of Reiserfs4.
                Last edited by lenrek; 11 June 2008, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Hans Reiser, the Linux programmer facing a mandatory 25-to life term for killing his wife, might disclose the location of Nina Reiser’s body in exchange for a reduced term, Alameda County District Attorney Thomas Orloff told Threat Level on Friday. "There’s been some overtures," he said. "But everything is in its preliminary stage." Another source […]

this topic is getting way stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by xploited View Post
                    Do you have a quote/reference for this?

Comment

Maybe this thread exist solely for for comic relief.

Comment

Working...
                      X