Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uid313
    replied
    I would like to see support for input type=date|datetime|time|number.

Also looking forward to the upcoming GTK3 and Wayland support.

It's pretty shitty that Firefox view-source doesn't do line numbering and syntax highlighting for JavaScript, JSON and CSS files.

Leave a comment:

• Calinou
    replied
    Originally posted by dstaubsauger View Post
    Isn't "click to play" default now for flash on firefox?
    No, that is only for non-Flash plugins like Java or Silverlight. Flash still plays automatically, if installed, by default.

Leave a comment:

• dstaubsauger
    replied
    Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    I can crash Chrome, Epiphany, Firefox and any other browser on Debian Linux. Even with 32 GB RAM I can bring them all to their knees. The easiest is using Flash. Another one is just surfing piss poorly written web sites like The HuffingtonPost, itself used to test against WebKit for being such a pig on resources.

Isn't "click to play" default now for flash on firefox?

Leave a comment:

• hajj_3
    replied
    Originally posted by BSDude View Post
    I've been noticing freezes in Firefox when I'm accessing imgur. I run v27. Has anyone had a similar issue?
    could be imgur itself as that website is always dying due to too little bandwidth and pages not displaying. There are just so many reddit users using it.

Leave a comment:

• BSDude
    replied
    I've been noticing freezes in Firefox when I'm accessing imgur. I run v27. Has anyone had a similar issue?

Leave a comment:

• GreatEmerald
    replied
    Originally posted by Pseus View Post
    Firefox and Chromium user here. I can't recall the last time Firefox crashed on me, so I guess that makes it quite stable (for me). I also find it to consistently consume less RAM than Chromium. Firefox 27 seems as fast as Chromium (I have a low speed connection, though).
    For me Firefox keeps crashing ever since the 25 update. But not in safe mode and there's nothing in the distro bug tracker about it, so I think that's some extension causing this...

Leave a comment:

• Marc Driftmeyer
    replied
    Originally posted by Pseus View Post
    Firefox and Chromium user here. I can't recall the last time Firefox crashed on me, so I guess that makes it quite stable (for me). I also find it to consistently consume less RAM than Chromium. Firefox 27 seems as fast as Chromium (I have a low speed connection, though).
    I can crash Chrome, Epiphany, Firefox and any other browser on Debian Linux. Even with 32 GB RAM I can bring them all to their knees. The easiest is using Flash. Another one is just surfing piss poorly written web sites like The HuffingtonPost, itself used to test against WebKit for being such a pig on resources.

Leave a comment:

• andyprough
    replied
    Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    So far Firefox runs fine on my smartphone. I can't complain about RAM usage.
    Funny thing - one of the few sites that looks like garbage on Firefox on my Android phone is Phoronix. Looks perfect on Chrome, but I can't get font sizing correct for some reason on Firefox. Half the page looks grotesquely enormous, and half the page is so tiny that it's unreadable.

Leave a comment:

• liam
    replied
    Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
    So far Firefox runs fine on my smartphone. I can't complain about RAM usage.
    I run nightly on my android devices and it's usually very solid (I've a few bugs open but they've been unable to replicate but I gave them traces so...we'll see;interestingly it was b/c of this site's commenting system that I was filing the bugs---for some reason a newline character crashed the browser).
    However, right now it's pretty unstable and it hasn't updated for more than a week...of course this is b/c I've more than 200 tabs open (it's consuming more than 400MB just by maintaining that list...why? why aren't they using lighter objects to represent old, but currently unloaded, tabs?).
    On my phone, however, I've around 130 tabs and it's running perfectly.
    IOW, ff is pretty damn spiffy, and though I like some chrome's interface more (along with their click disambiguation) I use ff b/c they produce something that is desparately needed---an alternate to webkit based browsers that are also very standards compliant.

Leave a comment:

• ssokolow
    replied
    I'm on the Aurora channel, so I'm currently running 29.0a2 and my only issue with Firefox has been how it's really a cooperatively multitasked OS in 2014. When you've got as many extensions and tabs as I do, that really causes a lot of janking.

e10s can't come soon enough.

(It does also have a tendency to leak its way up to around 6GiB resident before I restart it, but that's some extension's fault and, hopefully, e10s will make it easier for them to implement something along the lines of Chrome's task manager so I don't have to spend days living with a crippled experience while I bisect my extension collection.)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X