Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ssokolow
    replied
    I'm on the Aurora channel, so I'm currently running 29.0a2 and my only issue with Firefox has been how it's really a cooperatively multitasked OS in 2014. When you've got as many extensions and tabs as I do, that really causes a lot of janking.

e10s can't come soon enough.

(It does also have a tendency to leak its way up to around 6GiB resident before I restart it, but that's some extension's fault and, hopefully, e10s will make it easier for them to implement something along the lines of Chrome's task manager so I don't have to spend days living with a crippled experience while I bisect my extension collection.)

Leave a comment:

• Awesomeness
    replied
    So far Firefox runs fine on my smartphone. I can't complain about RAM usage.

Leave a comment:

• halfmanhalfamazing
    replied
    Originally posted by atari314
    Oh damn... I was hoping they would finally release a stable, light and fast web browser...
    You must be one of those users who only needed 640k............................

There's a natural evolution between more features and larger program size. That does not necessarily equate to bloat.

Leave a comment:

• strcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Pseus View Post
    I also find it to consistently consume less RAM than Chromium.
    Pass `--single-process` to Chromium for an apples to apples comparison. Chromium's sandboxing comes at a high memory usage cost. It puts each site instance in an empty chroot, process namespace and network namespace. Unlike on Windows, it's able to reduce the kernel attack surface by making use of seccomp so it's not easy to bypass the sandbox.

Leave a comment:

• halfmanhalfamazing
    replied
    Shumway

I'm really looking forward to when they enable Shumway by default.

Leave a comment:

• Pseus
    replied
    Originally posted by atari314
    Oh damn... I was hoping they would finally release a stable, light and fast web browser...
    Firefox and Chromium user here. I can't recall the last time Firefox crashed on me, so I guess that makes it quite stable (for me). I also find it to consistently consume less RAM than Chromium. Firefox 27 seems as fast as Chromium (I have a low speed connection, though).
    Last edited by Pseus; 03-17-2014, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X