KDBUS & Systemd Now Yields A Working System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    No, it's because things you have written about GPL. You should accept the fact there are people who won't agree with you.
    I've been cited for mixing GPL2 and GPL3 software in the past when there was no other option. I hate most Linux developers in general because they troll me for wanting to have my own root dir structure. Or if I want to try something new out on my own that doesn't fit the norm like build a Desktop using no Kde libs but Qt only. I get the "Your fucking stupid, give up and work on kde instead don't reinvent the wheel douchbag". And you wonder why I am hate filled, my oss development carer has been filled with nothing but hate(directed at me). I was made this way I didn't start out this way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teho View Post
      I wonder what applications do you plan to run on your OS... as if breaking backwards compatiblity on everything was way to a success, systemd upstream at least undestands the value of it and supports LSB initscripts, the old file hierarchy, old dbus protocol.... The idea that proprietary application vendors would be interested in a project with no users is about as bizarre.
      See what I mean. See why I hate my own people and the gpl sooo much.

Comment

• Originally posted by zester View Post
        I hate most Linux developers in general because they troll me for wanting to have my own root dir structure.
        What? I have really hard time believing that any Linux developers give a fuck what you do on your proprietary toy project... but sure do you have a source? What Linux developers are you talking about?

Originally posted by zester View Post
        I Or if I want to try something new out on my own that doesn't fit the norm like build a Desktop using no Kde libs but Qt only.
        Razor-Qt (LXQT after the LXDE merge)/Hawaii (EDIT: oh and Ubuntu's Unity 8) are doing just that I haven't seen anyone notable really critizing them. The relationship between KDE seems fine too.

I was made this way I didn't start out this way.
        How about you try to improve yourself instead of trashing others?

See what I mean. See why I hate my own people and the gpl sooo much.
        What does a license have to do with any of this? It's a simple reality that applications have to depend on other software for basic functionality. That's true regadless of what operating system you are talking about.
        Last edited by Teho; 29 December 2013, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I've been cited for mixing GPL2 and GPL3 software in the past when there was no other option. I hate most Linux developers in general because they troll me for wanting to have my own root dir structure. Or if I want to try something new out on my own that doesn't fit the norm like build a Desktop using no Kde libs but Qt only. I get the "Your fucking stupid, give up and work on kde instead don't reinvent the wheel douchbag". And you wonder why I am hate filled, my oss development carer has been filled with nothing but hate(directed at me). I was made this way I didn't start out this way.
          That's understandable. I think you shouldn't care and do what you think is the best. There are many morons out there (usually from gnome camp, responsible for cairo and many stupid and political decisions which were bad for KDE). I have nothing against you, your work and projects, but I don't like when someone attacks GPL. This was an only reason for my participation in this thread. What I can do is to wish you luck and persistence. I apologize if I offended you and I want to say thank you for your work.

Comment

Show me where GPL3 prohibits you to do your own thing? You also have no obligation to join FSF or GNU or anything, if you use GPL.
            Aren't you confusing bullying with license? I saw a couple of posts on Archlinuxforums and they weren't telling you "stupid, give up and work on kde", they were concerned that split efforts are worse than condensed (fragmentation), but ultimately its up to contributor itself to decide what he values more.

Why don't you read the license itself and make own opinion, instead of viewing it through the set of hate prisms between individuals?
            Heck, maybe write RMS about this? Don't take my advice as a method to dictate what you should do though.

I am pretty sure that within proprietary you would be assigned to do stuff the way they want, or you are fired. Or you create your own company, but then you will impose your will upon others. Its nothing but a control stucture and EULAs are only a legal footprint of them, so this is as freedom-less as it gets. And difference between BSD and GPL is exactly this case.

Comment

• What? I have really hard time believing that any Linux developers give a fuck what you do on your proprietary toy project... but sure do you have a source? What Linux developers are you talking about?
              Who do you think is helping me, you think I am doing this alone? I think you seriously underestimate the amount of resentment people like you have generated
              in the Linux community.

Anyways I am going to bed so your going to have to talk shit to your self, and the three other people you have been pretending to be.

Comment

Who do you think is helping me, you think I am doing this alone?
                in the Linux community.
                Yes, I actually think you are doing this by yourself considering that you haven't brought up any names, there's no publicly available source code, apparently no mailing lists, nothing. You have also quite clearly lied about yourself many times before so yeah...

I think you seriously underestimate the amount of resentment people like you have generated
                Your hypocrisy goes so over the top that it's almost beautiful. Lets quote something you have said only in this topic, shall we?

First off D-Bus sucks, It really sucks. Its over complicated and boated. Now we have it implemented in the Kernel
                with a weird api. IPC is useful and fun but its rarely utilized to any real capacity on Linux because D-Bus sucks.
                If you advocate for any of those three your an idiot, and do everyone a favor stay out of the kitchen because we already have to many shitty cooks.!!!!
                There full of shit, and to prove it the following statement is laughable at best "It chose D-Bus because it is well-documented, well-understood" <-- That's why most people use ZeroMQ IPC/INPROC with Google Protobuf. Also kdbus was a student project that was rejected once before, it was then abandoned. This is all about Greg Kroah-Hartman and what he wants.
                Noooo the kdbus hate is because "Linux Development is a Fucking Popularity Contest!!!!" And if you piss the cool kids of then your
                left playing in the sandbox by your self.
                Buddy D-Bus sucks just get over it already.
                Systemd is just bloated and no one wants it.
                Shutup your to fucking stupid for words, go hide in a cave troll.
                I hate shitty software, Cairo, QPainter, Magick++, Skia are all slow or have broken path implementations.
                I just love how sensitive you are towards these projects...

Anyways I am going to bed so your going to have to talk shit to your self, and the three other people you have been pretending to be.
                You are delusional...

Comment

• Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                  Compare them to Linux, pal. What is far more advanced and successful? Who looks stupid now?
                  Are you really that stupid?
                  OK, I compare Xorg to Linux. Linux is used on, well, Linux. Xorg is used on Linux, the BSDs, Solaris, ... .
                  The same is true for Mesa and will be true for Wayland.
                  Also, you didn't answer the question, have you already stripped that irrelevant software written by maggots from your system and how is your development of the replacements (of course GPL licensed, you don't want to be a maggot, don't you?) advancing.

I guess you are still using it and won't ever replace it, it would be to hard for you to post stupid comments on Phoronix without them, which shows us how irrelevant for you this maggot software really is.
                  You are nothing but a mindless troll playing in the same league as the antiBSD troll, welcome to my ignore list, I hope that people don't quote your bullshit to often.

Comment

• He just posted from three of his accounts in sequence, then after I busted him on it he quickly deleted two of the post made by the other two names he is using.
                    Your a looser!!!!! lol
                    Last edited by zester; 29 December 2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• There in my mail guy, you can delete your post but it doesn't matter there in my mail lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X