Systemd 203 Is A Good Release, Brings New Features

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
    Can't you create a unit or something that does this automatically before shutdown??
    I tried, but calling unmount from a script run at shutdown doesn?t work. systemd stills tries to unmount it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
      Sorry but this just isn't true. The "upgrade" to systemd rather broke many things. Please don't spread FUD.
      Hmm? That?s what I wrote.

Comment

Originally posted by gwelter View Post
        Do you have it mounted as '_netdev' in your /etc/fstab? If not, your network interface might already be down before your system tries to unmount your sshfs mountpoint.
        That sounded promising, but I?m not launching sshfs from fstab and this:
        $ sshfs 192.168.0.2:/media/disk /mnt/computer -o _netdev
        returns:
        fuse: unknown option `_netdev'

I?ve searched the web some more for this _netdev option but without much success so far.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
          Hmm? That’s what I wrote.
          Ah, I'm sorry I have misunderstood your sentence. I thought you said that "Arch devs were forced" to switch to systemd.
          Nice we came to an aggreement

Comment

That sounded promising, but I?m not launching sshfs from fstab and this:
            $ sshfs 192.168.0.2:/media/disk /mnt/computer -o _netdev
            returns:
            fuse: unknown option `_netdev'

I?ve searched the web some more for this _netdev option but without much success so far.
            Hmm, I've tried it on an Ubuntu installation. Even via fstab the _netdev option is ignored. It should work because the Arch Linux documentation I found specifically mentions this.

Another option for automatically mounting/unmounting sshfs is putting some scripts in the ifup/ifdown section of your distro.

Comment

Actually, the Arch Linux devs chose systemd and it?s nearly impossible to use something else now. (Everything is possible but all official packages are made for systemd.)

I hope the systemd devs will stop breaking and changing things soon. Still haven't found how to make it not hang at shutdown if I don't manually unmount sshfs before.
              I didn't mean that Arch Linux as project itself and it's devs chose systemd over something else I was talking about it's modular nature where users can choose what they want.And I'm getting worried how quickly people started to like systemd just because it has everything packaged in.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuc!eoN View Post
                Sorry but this just isn't true. The "upgrade" to systemd rather broke many things. Please don't spread FUD.
                What did it break for you Nucleon? Because I was on systemd from the moment it packaged in Arch's repos and never had any problems. When I got a new computer I downloaded the iso that happened to be the month before the move to systemd, when systemd hit i upgraded, and nothing broke. Everything kept on just as it had always.
                All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by kUrb1a View Post
                  I didn't mean that Arch Linux as project itself and it's devs chose systemd over something else I was talking about it's modular nature where users can choose what they want.
                  Yes that?s what I understood, and I?m telling you, no, Arch Linux users don?t get to choose their init system, unless they?re good enough and have enough time to fight against the tide. The only supported init system in Arch is systemd.

Comment

Originally posted by Honton View Post
                    Life is limited to ~100 years. Why would anyone waste a minute fighting against a modern, proven, and well maintained init system?
                    Are you saying sysV was modern, proven and well maintained or that systemd is modern, proven and well maintained? Having a hard time following your guy's conversation...
                    All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Yes that?s what I understood, and I?m telling you, no, Arch Linux users don?t get to choose their init system, unless they?re good enough and have enough time to fight against the tide. The only supported init system in Arch is systemd.
                      My English is bad but I don't think that was what he meant. Systemd has a modular architecture and you can choose how much of it you want with build flags. You don't need to build everything.
                      But I think everything is pretty nice. After used systemd a time, I have no desire to use a old primitive logging again. Or not again be able to trust your processes really is dead when you stopped a service.

Comment

Working...
                      X