KDE Software Compilation 4.5 Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mat69 View Post
    Another reason i dislike KDE is the culture of its developers. The mentality that "it works for me" is the answer to every critic. The blatant lies "never faced a crash since 4,1" i often read and think they must believe we are idiots. Their fixation on looks and not substance. Their negative approach on fixing serious problems like the encoding bug which leaves empty files which are not deletable.

PS: 2 paragraphs are enough, if you believe otherwise state the newsworthy items of 4.5 ... Except that 16000 bugs were fixed which means that previous versions were buggy as hell and KDE fanbois were lying about them having a stable system...

In any case my post was not specifically targeted at you.
    What more? Supercache, new Kwin effect and tiling support, new startmenu look and return of blur, perl and java and co goodness, Marble can plan routes now, out of those bugs fixed, 1700-something were feature requests, workflow improve
    ents, monochrome icon improvements for the visualy impared, LiveCD release, features where hold back in favor of robustness work, the first enduse release of the network manager, Webkit and KWebkit Konqueror integration, just to name a few out of the back of my head...

Comment

Well, I tried install kubuntu, than install ubuntu and the difference was huge in my case. Without any tweaking ubuntu was much faster than kubuntu.
      This should tell you that Kubuntu is not a very good distribution, which is something everybody else already knows. It's a side-project, not a serious distribution.

Try KDE on a distribution which actually tries to make it work, and then report back.

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
        On second thought maybe it is still referred to as "Zaphod Mode"? Regardless the setup works on everything else I've tried (granted I haven't tried every single other DE/WM out there) and KDE 3.5 and doesn't work with KDE 4.x. It's been a known issue for about 2 years so I'm not holding my breath for it to be fixed anytime soon or ever. It's too bad because I really like KDE 4 otherwise but without that functionality it's a no go.
        I guess, you're on bnary NVidias? Probably that's why you have accel, unfortunatelly Zaphod mode is somehow marked as obsolete in OSS world, try to complan about it to radeondriver devs for exampkle
        BTW Did you try adding second activity? Mybe that's why you cannot do anything on the second screen.
        As far as one large pixmap I agree it sucks with screens of idfferent res, hopefully randr 1.4 addresses that issue. (at least that's I understand "separate pixmap per crtc" feature)

Comment

Originally posted by TemplarGR View Post
          I have told no lies yet... And i do not bash KDE developers, i bash KDE fanbois. There is a vast difference...
          Originally posted by mat69 View Post
          Another reason i dislike KDE is the culture of its developers. The mentality that "it works for me" is the answer to every critic. The blatant lies "never faced a crash since 4,1" i often read and think they must believe we are idiots. Their fixation on looks and not substance. Their negative approach on fixing serious problems like the encoding bug which leaves empty files which are not deletable.

PS: 2 paragraphs are enough, if you believe otherwise state the newsworthy items of 4.5 ... Except that 16000 bugs were fixed which means that previous versions were buggy as hell and KDE fanbois were lying about them having a stable system...

In any case my post was not specifically targeted at you.
          LOL, TemplarGR, you fail at trolling.

Also, as many have already noted, KDE is a huge project. So huge that they need more developers.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriano ML View Post
            LOL, TemplarGR, you fail at trolling.

Also, as many have already noted, KDE is a huge project. So huge that they need more developers.
            No sane developer would work with KDE... KDE is for amateurs...

And i am not trolling, just having fan bashing fanbois.

Comment

Why is this under "General Linux", and GNOME news are under "Desktop Linux"? :P

No sane developer would work with KDE... KDE is for amateurs...
              This explains why it is being re-developed from scratch in C, with a 2.5 years delay.

When the new, groundbreaking Ubuntu comes, it will give us all the features that the KDE users took for granted 3 years ago :P

Comment

On my desktop PC, sits KDE on Debian Squeeze.
                On my netbook, sits GNOME (netbook edition) on Ubuntu 10.04.
                I like both very much. Period!

That tw..err. three lines.

Seriosly guys, when you guys have your 'pillow wars', GNOME and KDE devs are having something like this.

.. TemplarGR. Stop it, will ya? What part of flamewars's fun? Can you not acting childish like this? what age you are now? Jezz..

.. The rest: scram.. back to work, pal..

Comment

A small visual comparison between Ubuntu (using GNOME) and Kubuntu (using KDE) 10.04:

Comment

It is ok KDE fanbois, no one will take your KDE away from you... Easy now... have a cookie!
                    It's you who should have a cookie. ;>

I like that comment about win 95, it made me laugh... My GNOME environment looks far more slick than default KDE... This comment only shows the ignorance of KDE fanbois, plus the fact that they only really care about looks.
                    It seems you didn't understand. You said:

"A Desktop Environment should be there just to help you run your programs, organize your running programs, creating shortcuts for programs and settings and displaying some information like time etc, nothing more nothing less."

Doesn't Win95 offer this? After your next reply it seems it's not enough for you. It suggest you care only about look! So, think for a moment fanboy. KDE offers much, much more then look when comes to Gnome.

Just an excercise for all those who can add numbers: Find every KDE launch anouncement and add the number of bugs fixed. Add them. And tell us what you think...

The reality is that KDE was, is, and always will be buggier than GNOME. It is because they use c++...
                    Scan shows its code is far better then Gnome code. Thankfully KDE uses C++, so its apps are fast! I don't want to make my desktop to be sluggish and bloated using python, mono, java, vala. What will be next in this mess?

Comment

I just know c++ sucks. It is all that matters...

While you are busy posting on internet forums i am busy programming and i have not that post count of yours... Try not to underestimate a person's computer science knowledge just because they have a different opinion...
                      Haha, I just know mono and python sucks. Whenever I try mono or python app it's damn slow and sluggish while C++ apps are very fast.

Comment

Working...
                      X