LXD 5.21 LTS Released With UI By Default, AMD SEV Memory Encryption For VMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LXD 5.21 LTS Released With UI By Default, AMD SEV Memory Encryption For VMs

Phoronix: LXD 5.21 LTS Released With UI By Default, AMD SEV Memory Encryption For VMs

Ahead of next month's Ubuntu 24.04 LTS release, Canonical has released LXD 5.21 as the newest feature update to this container and VM manager. LXD 5.21 now ships with a production-grade graphical user interface by default, brings AMD SEV support for memory encryption of VMs on EPYC CPUs, object storage support, and other features...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The UI is actually really useful. I wish it had been implemented as a cockpit plugin though.

Comment

Originally posted by royce View Post
      The UI is actually really useful. I wish it had been implemented as a cockpit plugin though.
      Its a snap today.

Comment

Long life to Incus, death to LXD...

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
          Long life to Incus, death to LXD...
          Bubble gum, no matter how it is chewed, is still bubble gum. You can still blow bubbles with it.

Comment

Originally posted by edwaleni View Post

Bubble gum, no matter how it is chewed, is still bubble gum. You can still blow bubbles with it.
            Canonical bubble gum is full of toxic waste, such as CLA and other crap.

Comment

I wish Canonical would align on Flatpak and make a bunch of other changes. But the people shitposting in every single Ubuntu topic with the same inane comments come off as lunatics.

Comment

Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) is a type of fat. Dairy and beef are major sources of CLA in the diet. Most CLA supplements are made from safflower oil.
                Pros and cons: Cause side effects such as stomach upset, diarrhea, nausea, fatigue​.

I suppose this make Incus the vegan form of containers? No animals were consumed in the deployment of these resources.

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post
                  But the people shitposting in every single <...> topic with the same <...> comments
                  This must be your first day on Phoronix.

Comment

Working...
                  X