Linux Still Working To Disable RNDIS Drivers In 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post

I don't need to ask, I can do that myself if needed but there is no need. I can also reenable RNDIS if I want. You can't?
    When it's getting removed, i can't.
    What you personally need is irrelevant, what about "insecure" did you not understand? Bluetooth needs to get removed for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by hf_139 View Post

Bluetooth needs to get removed for everyone.
      You are funny, are you expecting me to take you seriously here? Get out

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post

You are funny, are you expecting me to take you seriously here? Get out
        I get it, but what part of insecure you don't get? If/when the various companies make the hundred different codecs bluetooth uses open, it can be fully implemented and added back in.
        Until then, buy hardware that doesn't use bluetooth. This will work. Still, you are free to dig in and hold your breath.​

Comment

Replace it or leave it in, or even better just get a Standardized Alt-Mode in place before removing the main option by default.

But at the very least, stop breaking stuff that's actually useful and used by many people.

​​​​

Comment

Heck, even a Supermicro X12 (LGA1200, W580) workstation motherboard with IPMI defaults to exposing an extra RNDIS interface between the host and the BMC. You have to switch it to CDC-EEM manually.

At least that's better than my Asrock server board that exposes a misconfigured CDC device that Windows sees as a serial port instead of as a network interface…

Comment

Working...
            X