No announcement yet.

TrenchBoot Progress For Adding More Security & Integrity To The Boot Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Dynamic Root of Trust Measurement" ? That must be made to confuse people... All this does is pave the way for large corporations and 3-letter agencies to have more access to users' computers, from a distance, then users can have locally. Microsoft already has the Windows Installer account that has more access then the Administrator account.

Which users exactly are asking for this, other then "Oracle ... and other stakeholders" like the article says

Comment

Originally posted by Condoriano1997 View Post

Absolutely, these folks really think national security agencies have ANY power over companies like AMD and Intel?
      Of course all root private keys are really locked away and would never be accessed by three letter agencies.
      <snip>
      I know you are being facetious but even if hardware companies didn't want to work with the various spy agencies, its very easy to get your people hired into key positions to leak or insert data as needed. I mean, it happens all the time, even if american agencies aren't getting caught at it, the chinese and russians sure do.

And seriously the only people who don't seem to care about this are 'people who say they have nothing to hide', which means you must not live someplace where your freedoms are curtailed. And if you think 'well we can trust the US govt but not tiny dictator in non-western-country' then let me remind you about tit for tat and how security agencies partner around the world and the CIA has never been above a little information trade....it might be paranoid and I personally live in countries where my personal opinions aren't illegal, but if I lived in a place like that I'm not sure how far I'd trust those 'secure' keys I didn't create and can't change and don't really trust.

Comment

Working...
      X