No announcement yet.

TrenchBoot Progress For Adding More Security & Integrity To The Boot Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrenchBoot Progress For Adding More Security & Integrity To The Boot Process

Phoronix: TrenchBoot Progress For Adding More Security & Integrity To The Boot Process

TrenchBoot has been in development for several years now by Oracle, 3mdeb, and other stakeholders for providing greater security and integrity to the Linux boot process via measured launch of the OS using a Dynamic Root of Trust Measurement (DRTM) backed by Intel Trusted Execution Technology (TXT) and AMD Secure Startup. Much progress was made over 2023 while more work is ahead in 2024 for furthering the TrenchBoot efforts...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael
    Qubes OS on integrating the technology into its new "Anti-Evel Maid" (AEM) feature
    I'm pretty certain that should be "Anti Evil Maid".

I see it has been updated to:
    Qubes OS on integrating the technology into its new "Anti-Evil Maid" (AEM) feature

I would like to know what the problem is with an Anti-Evil Maid? Surely having a Maid that is Anti-Evil is a good thing?

Qubes very carefully describes the technology without hyphens (see link): https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/anti-evil-maid/
    Last edited by Old Grouch; 25 February 2024, 10:24 AM. Reason: Acknowledge updated text, point out continuing failing.

Comment

Michael

Typo "TrecnhBoot" should be "TrenchBoot"

Comment

backed by intel and amd features? so its secure from anyone but the big agencies. 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
          backed by intel and amd features? so its secure from anyone but the big agencies. 🤔
          why is it always the schizos on threads like these saying crap they have no idea about

Comment

Originally posted by cj.wijtmans View Post
            I'm sure your cat pictures are safe from the NSA and FSB.

Comment

Originally posted by hedonist View Post

why is it always the schizos on threads like these saying crap they have no idea about
              Absolutely, these folks really think national security agencies have ANY power over companies like AMD and Intel?
              Of course all root private keys are really locked away and would never be accessed by three letter agencies.
              Any firmware or hardware vulnerabilities are purely accidental, and never exploited by said agencies. That would be like, unethical.

I mean, what would lead anyone to believe unauditable security features, baked-in hardware at a silicon level, developed by US tech giants, would have ANY way of being compromised by our government? Fucking schizos, that is who.

Comment

Originally posted by pWe00Iri3e7Z9lHOX2Qx View Post

I'm sure your cat pictures are safe from the NSA and FSB.
                But not his furry contents and My Little Pony...

Bin Laden was an otaku, remember that

Comment

Yeah yeah, it is all a joke and "I have nothing to hide", until you are drag out from some place because you made a inappropriate joke, like that bloke in Europe that got a pair of fighter jets intercept the airliner he was in, and get charged for the cost of the whole thing, because some stupid spook in a 3 letter agency couldn't differentiate the difference between a joke and a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by hedonist View Post

you tell me buddy.

Comment

Working...
                    X