Fast Kernel Headers Work Restarted For Linux To Ultimately Speed Up Build Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post

It's one person trolling as usual. Not a huge amount of backlash, just typical phoronix.
    So asking a question as to why they would invest time and resources on something like this is trolling?

Is critical thinking frowned upon by certain members of this forum?

Comment

Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
      So asking a question as to why they would invest time and resources on something like this is trolling?
      Asking no, but then ignoring the 5 pages of answers you've gotten and continuing to post the same question is. And then you post nonsense like some gpu-based compiler being the better solution? Really? I don't believe you're actually that dumb.

Is critical thinking frowned upon by certain members of this forum?
      There has to be actual thinking involved...
      Last edited by smitty3268; 01 February 2024, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Asking no, but then ignoring the 5 pages of answers you've gotten and continuing to post the same question is. And then you post nonsense like some gpu-based compiler being the better solution? Really? I don't believe you're actually that dumb.
        You will note that none of the 5 pages actually answered my question.

A member of the Fedora KDE team stated that it is not possible to release something that is 100% stable and bug free.

If that is the case, the next logical question is at what point do they feel they can release it?

As for GPU powered compilers, compilers are one of those applications that scale well with cores.

GPUs are great for massively parallel workloads.

If I am dumb for liking that idea, note that the person that created it used it as a Masters thesis.

I guess that person and his school were equally dumb.

Or perhaps of the two of us, I am the vastly more knowledgeable person.

Comment

Sophisticles and Q both banned in the last few days. Interesting... Hope a few more get the axe too.

Comment

Sophisticles and Q both banned in the last few days. Interesting... Hope a few more get the axe too.
            Temporary to see if their behavior improves otherwise permanent... Tired of near-daily complaints for a few forum members in particular that over the past week seem to have been more than normal and even a few users that requested their forum accounts be deleted over the frustrations caused from a few forum users.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Temporary to see if their behavior improves otherwise permanent... Tired of near-daily complaints for a few forum members in particular that over the past week seem to have been more than normal and even a few users that requested their forum accounts be deleted over the frustrations caused from a few forum users.
              While certain members whose post history is almost entirely all about making personal insults and using slurs continue doing so with no consequences.

You know exactly who I am referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

While certain members whose post history is almost entirely all about making personal insults and using slurs continue doing so with no consequences.

You know exactly who I am referring to.
                Michael did me a favor, I had been spending way too much time on this forum.

It was wake up call that i am not a kid and i should be spending more time on more productive things.

Comment

Working...
                X