X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by Sonadow View Post

While certain members whose post history is almost entirely all about making personal insults and using slurs continue doing so with no consequences.

You know exactly who I am referring to.
    Michael did me a favor, I had been spending way too much time on this forum.

It was wake up call that i am not a kid and i should be spending more time on more productive things.

Leave a comment:

• Sonadow
    replied
    Originally posted by Michael View Post

Temporary to see if their behavior improves otherwise permanent... Tired of near-daily complaints for a few forum members in particular that over the past week seem to have been more than normal and even a few users that requested their forum accounts be deleted over the frustrations caused from a few forum users.
    While certain members whose post history is almost entirely all about making personal insults and using slurs continue doing so with no consequences.

You know exactly who I am referring to.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Sophisticles and Q both banned in the last few days. Interesting... Hope a few more get the axe too.
    Temporary to see if their behavior improves otherwise permanent... Tired of near-daily complaints for a few forum members in particular that over the past week seem to have been more than normal and even a few users that requested their forum accounts be deleted over the frustrations caused from a few forum users.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Sophisticles and Q both banned in the last few days. Interesting... Hope a few more get the axe too.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    Asking no, but then ignoring the 5 pages of answers you've gotten and continuing to post the same question is. And then you post nonsense like some gpu-based compiler being the better solution? Really? I don't believe you're actually that dumb.
    You will note that none of the 5 pages actually answered my question.

A member of the Fedora KDE team stated that it is not possible to release something that is 100% stable and bug free.

If that is the case, the next logical question is at what point do they feel they can release it?

As for GPU powered compilers, compilers are one of those applications that scale well with cores.

GPUs are great for massively parallel workloads.

If I am dumb for liking that idea, note that the person that created it used it as a Masters thesis.

I guess that person and his school were equally dumb.

Or perhaps of the two of us, I am the vastly more knowledgeable person.

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by sophisticles View Post
    So asking a question as to why they would invest time and resources on something like this is trolling?
    Asking no, but then ignoring the 5 pages of answers you've gotten and continuing to post the same question is. And then you post nonsense like some gpu-based compiler being the better solution? Really? I don't believe you're actually that dumb.

Is critical thinking frowned upon by certain members of this forum?
    There has to be actual thinking involved...
    Last edited by smitty3268; 01 February 2024, 10:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied

It's one person trolling as usual. Not a huge amount of backlash, just typical phoronix.
    So asking a question as to why they would invest time and resources on something like this is trolling?

Is critical thinking frowned upon by certain members of this forum?

Leave a comment:

• darkoverlordofdata
    replied
    One year I was ride sharing with another employee who was a build engineer for Vista. He told me that with a bunch of hardware upgrades, we managed to improve the build time for NT from 7 days down to 3 days. Proud, he was.
    ‚Äč

Leave a comment:

• smitty3268
    replied
    Originally posted by hkupty View Post
    - And last but not least, Linux is an open project where people can voluntarily chose to work on certain features for whatever reason. Why is what they're doing with their time causing this much backlash?
    It's one person trolling as usual. Not a huge amount of backlash, just typical phoronix.

Leave a comment:

• sophisticles
    replied
    Originally posted by hkupty View Post
    - And last but not least, Linux is an open project where people can voluntarily chose to work on certain features for whatever reason. Why is what they're doing with their time causing this much backlash?
    It's not so much backlash, it's that if they really want to speed up code compilation, there are much better approaches than what they are doing.

Want to do something good that will significantly speed up compilation?

How about work on adopting this to C:

GPU-accelerated compiler. Contribute to Snektron/pareas development by creating an account on GitHub.

Think how great it would be if someone took this work and created a super fast C compiler that can leverage the massive parallelism available with GPUs.

That's what they should be working on.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X