Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.7-rc6 Released: "Various Random Fixes All Over"

Phoronix: Linux 6.7-rc6 Released: "Various Random Fixes All Over"

Linux 6.7-rc6 was released today while the final release of Linux 6.7 is likely to come New Year's weekend and complicating the opening of the Linux 6.8 merge window around the end-of-year holidays...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've been wondering—if 6.7 stable released around New Years Eve as you suggest, then does this mean they would end up "retconning" 6.6 being LTS and make 6.7 LTS instead?

I mean, it being one version newer means there's not been any back-porting or the like that has taken place yet anyway, and it was my impression that the final kernel of a given calendar year was what qualified a kernel as being LTS, so...

Comment

In past years these kinds of release dates were usually pushed to the week later, with people being busy during the holidays and all. I'd bet that this kernel won't release on New Years either.

Even if it did though, I'm pretty sure they would not change the LTS kernel.

Comment

"Various Random Fixes All Over". How reassuring, I guess nothing can go wrong anymore with future "stable" releases. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by aufkrawall View Post
          "Various Random Fixes All Over". How reassuring, I guess nothing can go wrong anymore with future "stable" releases. Right?
          rc releases are made exactly to find bug and apply fixes.
          what are you complaining about?

also, new features comes with bugs. There's no escape from it.
          if you're afraid from bug, find a kernel release that works for you and stick with it forever.

Comment

Linux definitely makes a lot of sense, even in a purely materialistic sense. https://jardindescitations.com/citations/YQgul2xKwQn

Comment

Working...
            X