Linux 6.6.6 Released Due To WiFi Regression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ehansin View Post
    I figured someone would have posted already, but looks like not! For those looking to rock out to their new kernel, I give you...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxnN05vOuSM
    Yeah, but Linus already used that for 6.6-rc6.

Comment

Originally posted by HD7950 View Post
      I don't mind not getting security updates on time I just want a reliable system.​
      Obviously you should feel free to run whatever you want, but I'm pretty sure the standard definition of "reliable" includes "doesn't get taken over by random script kiddies due to not having installed security updates"

Comment

Brings back memories of the great video, 'Mum Tries Out Ubuntu Satanic Edition 666.9' - https://piped.kavin.rocks/watch?v=pLbSp1_CQk8

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
          i updated 4 machines to 6.6.6 today. The same build is running fine on all of them (R5950X, i13700K, i12400, R3700U). 3 AMD GPUs and 1 Nvidia are all running under Wayland. Wifi is okay too. Ext4 had no problems anyway.

Regarding some other comments, I have never seen a latest-stable kernel bug causing trouble for me. Whatever Linus and Linux team are doing since couple decades, they are doing great.
          That's because you weren't hit by the bcache+btrfs bug.

Comment

The end is nigh!

Comment

Six six six, the number of the fix
              LTS was spawned to be released

Comment

Originally posted by evert_mouw View Post
                the bsd beasty is finally surpassed
                BSD > Linux?

Comment

Originally posted by mrg666 View Post
                  i updated 4 machines to 6.6.6 today. The same build is running fine on all of them (R5950X, i13700K, i12400, R3700U). 3 AMD GPUs and 1 Nvidia are all running under Wayland. Wifi is okay too. Ext4 had no problems anyway.

Regarding some other comments, I have never seen a latest-stable kernel bug causing trouble for me. Whatever Linus and Linux team are doing since couple decades, they are doing great.
                  Doing what? Twiddling thumbs?

Comment

Originally posted by theriddick View Post
                    The end is nigh!
                    Linux went to the dark side some years ago - this is just more illustration - poking fun?

Comment

Originally posted by paulocoghi View Post
                      I can confirm bluetooth regression, instead of wifi
                      My bluetooth randomly stops working since 6.6.2 (or maybe before?) I am forced to reboot to have it working for a few more hours or minutes, depending what the Kernel feels like before it decides I got no adapter anymore and my mouse stops working .

Have been updating every minor version in the hope one of those will fix this annoying bug. So far it has been weeks without any luck!

Comment

Working...
                      X