Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux 6.6.6 Released Due To WiFi Regression

Phoronix: Linux 6.6.6 Released Due To WiFi Regression

Following a bumpy weekend due to the EXT4 data corruption bug, Linux 6.6.6 is out with just a sole change for dealing with another headache: WiFi regressions...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Wifi to hell... ;-)

Comment

Why are minor kernel updates so crappy? I don't believe in them, that's why I only update the kernel when a new major version is released and if I have any problems I revert to the previous one, which I know is reliable after 3 months of use.

I don't mind not getting security updates on time I just want a reliable system. I will continue to use kernel 6.6 for at least two more months, as for the moment everything has been working fine.

People updating the kernel after each new subversion is released (Archlinux users) are permanent betatesters.​

Comment

Magic Number 666.

Comment

Originally posted by HD7950 View Post
          Why are minor kernel updates so crappy? I don't believe in them, that's why I only update the kernel when a new major version is released and if I have any problems I revert to the previous one, which I know is reliable after 3 months of use.

I don't mind not getting security updates on time I just want a reliable system. I will continue to use kernel 6.6 for at least two more months, as for the moment everything has been working fine.

People updating the kernel after each new subversion is released (Archlinux users) are permanent betatesters.​

The issue is not about subversioning per se. The issue is about failing to deliver a "stable" (as in the name) promise. Recently, stable kernel pulls in hundreds of random commits every release without proper review and testing. With such an approach, one has more luck with -rc kernels instead.

Comment

Originally posted by post-factum View Post

The issue is not about subversioning per se. The issue is about failing to deliver a "stable" (as in the name) promise. Recently, stable kernel pulls in hundreds of random commits every release without proper review and testing. With such an approach, one has more luck with -rc kernels instead.
            That's right, I just wrote this yesterday:​

Comment

Execute kernel 6.6.

Comment

Man, this kernel is a beast!

Comment

🤘😈🤘 Never updating my machine past this kernel.

(What? You mean that's a bad idea? Please.)

Comment

the bsd beasty is finally surpassed

Comment

Working...
                    X